Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New pics of draggon fly homemade fly
I made a draggonfly, out of pigeon feather,maybe muskovie duck feathers too.its an old fly,only one I ever made.I used a straight shank owner hook,1/0 ,possibly ,I'll double chack hook size if you want..Also my buddy liked a 30lb power pro leaader I tied on to his rod .at first he said it would not extend out on cast.The lure worked fine,he actually.He actually said he liked since it foats.I don't think he'll stay with it though.P.S,He says mono floats,floro,sinks,that is correct?Is it incorrect to use braide leaders flyfishing?
[signature]
nice looking fish.. .got any pics of that home made fly??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
mmm sure ,I need to get my nephews phone.Just used it in the glades,my buddies liked it .Franky actually tied it on at one point and said he caught more on it.He also wants to make one.I used a strip of foam wrapped around a #1or 2 ownerhook,Ithink I use pigeon feathers for wings ,and muskovi duck feathers for the tail.about actual size of a dragon fly.I will send pic next time I see my nephew.P.S. I glued the foam to hook after I wrapped it with a piece of braided line.[Image: suspicious.gif]
[signature]
sounds like a great tie.. maybe you can post it on the freshwater fly tying forum.. with a recipe and inside info on how you tied it...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Century Gothic"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Ahhh - catching anything on one's own tie is always a big rush. Way to go.,[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Wats up Dryrod,I will post pic of fly possibly tonight.Hey you like snoopy I have a snoopy rod made by hanna barbara,check it, but don't hate..
I put a cheap 500 series reel on it on it .O, a five lb.peacockbass at town and country lake with scooby .I will send pic later thanks.I also troll in the glades with it, I troll small bettle spinners with it mostly get mudfish.
Snoopy rod is good also when I fish campus lakes, for example places where you would have to sneak in a rod. I collapse the real handle and hide the rod under my shirt,the handle and the reel fit nicely in my pocket[Wink]
[signature]