Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miami/Haulover Report
Conditions today were the best weather wise that we've had for the past week. Wind E @ 10, and 2-3 foot seas. The blue/green edge varied in depth depending on what part of the coast you chose to fish. One edge that we fished this morning ran SW/NE with the green water offshore and the blue water inshore. It proved to be the right spot for us as we caught the dolphin that we were looking for. If dolphin is your target, they have been coming through in small (1-5) groups between 200-450 feet. Almost everyone that I have talked to who has made a long run offshore has come up empty. There have been a lot of small sharks around for the past few days and today was no exception. We caught and released two during our half day trip. It has been slim pickings on kingfish. I heard of a few sailfish being caught in the area between the Twin Towers and Haulover Inlet. Inshore in 20-30 feet of water, the spanish mackerel made a good showing today. The fishing is good and the seas are comfortable, so give me a call and lets go fishing.<br><br>Captain Dave Kostyo<br>Knot Nancy Fishing Charters<br>www.rnfl.com/knotnancy<br>nkostyo@bellsouth.net<br><br>