Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOW! MAMMA
Total surprise to me, but check out my Mother's Day gift:

[Image: IMG_3568.jpg]

Not the reel, the rod. It is called "the Test". A 7'6" glass rod by Hardy. I know some wives just don't get it, but this is like .....the BEST GIFT!!!!!

Even the tube is cool with a CORK, and the little Ferrule plug....awesome!!!

Now I can put the Lamiglass, yellow three piece 7' four weight away for special occasions
[signature]
awesome.. what a lucky lady you are... but we all know its well deserved... :-)...

Im betting mojo won some major points for that one.. :-)

Im making up my bday/fathers day list and the top of it will be one of those reasonably priced tenkaras ... :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Hey Mac now if you were a good husband you would have gotten Mrs LM a nice boo for mothers day. Yea right. lol[/#008000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000]Nice rod there FGD. Hope the first bend in it is a trophy.[/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Id still be in the hospital if I did that...LOL...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
That is so awesome! I see it is a 4 wt also -- cool!

The dream stream rod!!!
[signature]
It is a 4 wt. This is perfect as I said, the Lami is not available any more so I would rather use it on special occasions. My other choice is a 3 pc Battenkill Bamboo which is also a special occasion thing. I do have a TL but it is a fast action and great for chucking bigger/heavier flies in a four, but that is about it for me. I Do have a Grey that is a 4/5 and a T.L. Johnson that is also a 4/5, but they both work much better with five weight line. This is my new toy for sure.
[signature]
okay ... I know Im going blind now...lol.. you say you see.... how can you see anything that says 4 wt in that picture... [laugh][laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Holly he!! you are a spoiled lady![:p]

Well deserved, you can back it up and have done the time to earn a "class" tool to fish with. I would spoil my wife too if she would be into fly fishing or fishing at all.

Wish I had them kind of bones for gear like that.....[Image: sad.gif]
[signature]
Probably because I said it is replacing my 4wt Lami.
[signature]
Well, first I asked if it was a 4 wt. Then when I looked again and edited my post, I saw that it said four weight, but was distracted by a 16 mo old grandson, ( A fast little computer button pusher!!!) and I didn't notice that the "four weight" referred to the one that was being replaced!!!! By then FG answered and said it was. I can only plead senility and grandsonitis!!![blush][blush][blush]

Personally, I would be delighted to have either rod!! I like the shorter length for small streams and easy packing too.
[signature]
I guess I skimmed over it all to quickly (which is rare for me...lol)... and I do understand the grandchild itis part.. .mine are not the young but still can be very distracting at times...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]