Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Record
Record Fish | Possible World Record RedEar Sunfish Caught in Arizona 5/5/2011 9:21:29 AM Angler catches pending state record and potential world record panfish

[center][Image: Record_Redear_LH_5-11.JPG][/center]

We just saw on the Arizona Game and Fish website, [url "http://azgfd.gov/"]Azgfd.gov[/url], where Robert Lawler of Lake Havasu City, Ariz., caught a redear sunfish weighing 5.55 pounds out of Lake Havasu. The massive fish specimen was 16.75 inches long with an amazing 19 inch girth. We've caught some two pound redears on Kentucky Lake and thought those were giants. We can't even imagine a 5 pounder.

John Galbraith of [url "http://basstacklemaster.com/"]BassTackleMaster.com[/url] snapped a photo of the specimen. The former state record was 4 pounds, 2.24 ounces and was also caught out of Lake Havasu on Feb. 16, 2010. That fish measured a measly 15.5-inches long.
[signature]
[shocked]
[signature]
crazy [cool]
[signature]
[quote BigPecker][shocked][/quote]

[shocked][shocked]i second that!!! that is a pig.[shocked][shocked]
[signature]
That thing is a freak of nature!!! Lets go catch a few of those @ Havasu and use them for Flathead bait Jon! lol
[signature]
I am down. I got a redear that went 1lb 9oz when i was a kid, and I though it was big...

I actually had it mounted. If I only knew there were sows swimming in there like that....

I want to do a redear trip sometime. Those things fight like there's no tomorrow. I want a 3lber.

And all the 2 lbers, we will use for bait. [cool]
[signature]
Lol I've fished havasu for years. That fish is a direct result of all the spring breakers trashing the lake lol. The only other place you could catch a fish bigger would be near a nuclear power plant. That things a dog. I'll bet it was a fun.
[signature]
ROFL, I heard Whizzle is the one who really caught that fish. Just joking [cool]. I was board.

[Image: record.jpg]
[signature]
That's some funny editing...
[signature]