Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just can't find the right tube.....need help
This chair is a good solution for those that will be riding in on something and simply dropping off close to the water's edge. The arm rests help take weight off the back in general and the only thing I would add would be an adjustable lumbar support, and maybe a thin closed cell seat cushion if your arse doesn't have enough padding for long time sitting. The adjustable lumbar works good for lower back and was recommended by a PT in my case.

If you are carrying on your back, check out SigHig in the archives, weight is so critical that he was making his own tube with a target weight under 2#! Even then, all the accessories like inflator bag, waders, fins, oars, tackle,etc. will run up the weight quickly and limit your range and agility for rugged hiking. I use the inflatable ODC420L at 7# when carrying in and wish I had something even lighter! Anyway if your issue is lower back, the self inflating lumbar support can't be beat because of low weight, collapsability to tiny volume, fast and easy adjustment, use as a pillow, etc. This is not the one I use, but will give you an idea: http://www.amazon.com/Therm-A-Rest-8863-...ewpoints=1

It also works with the plastic arm chair seats on a tube, airline seats, and floats if lost in water.

Pon

[quote albinotrout]On the seat part try using a plastic lawn chair or other type of chair for back support. I took a plastic lawn chair and cut the legs off and it sits perfectly in mamatrouts FC4. She likes the support that it gives her.

[/quote]
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [albinotrout] Just can't find the right tube.....need help - by pontoonman - 05-10-2011, 03:12 PM