Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any idea of a good Spinning Reel and rod?
I want it to be maybe 40-70 dollars, spinning reel, medium to medium heavy action. It would be awesome if it was a combo. Any ideas? I have looked around gander mountain, dicks, and bassproshop, found a few I want to see what you guys come up with.
[signature]
I prefer an IM7, IM8, or IM6 graphite in medium or mdium light. I also have light and ultra light models as well. My last purchases have been from Cabelas and I like how they handle. Some of these rods come in combos already. If buying the reel separate I like the following reels. Quantum and the Abu Garcia Cardinal series. For line I use Trilene XL 4-6 lb on my ultralights, 8 lb on my other rods.
[signature]
Thanks, found one at wal mart 6 bearings and forget what marterial the rod was, it just didn't come with line for $30 dollars, i just need a decent rod and reel so i can get a better one later, right now i got a spincast that is about to be broken considering how much i fish it. It's getting grooves in the spool
[signature]
Sounds like a good deal. I do know that Walmart was offerings a Shakespeare excursion rod. I have one in a 5 piece pack rod and it is very decent. I bought an IM6 combo for around $20 on sale from cabelas last year, so there are some decent deals out there.[Smile]
[signature]