Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dough bait recipies
[cool] Hey fellow anglers,

I am looking for some dough bait recipies. Could you help me out?? Just think, there may be other readers out there that would like some recipies but are too shy to ask. Lets do it for their benifit as well. Thanks a bunch.[cool]
[signature]
I'm gettin' ready to try and make my first catfish dough bait. I've got some ripe stuff sitting in the fridge just awaiting some flour. I've got a few other things to throw in with it. Should I blend it all so it's smooth or shall I leave large chunks of stuff in it?
[signature]
[Wink] This time of the year , frogs work great !!!! Plus you might get an big walleye while your at it !!!!!

Flagmanonice ..........ICE TIME IS COMING ..>>>>>YIPPPEEEEE !!!!!!!!!
[signature]
[cool] Hey DDR, Just from experience, the thick and chunky has a better chance of staying on the hook. I've found out that when it gets too creamy, then it comes off of the hook too quickly. Good luck and let us know about your results. I am writing a book and trying to get input from across the country. Thanks for your input and contributions.
[signature]
What do frogs have to do with dough baits?
[signature]
well they are both green slimy stinky and ya dont want to get any of eather on you.
So you want me to chop up a cute little froggy?
[signature]
only if you are going to eat the legs
[signature]
[cool] We used to have quite a few restaurants out here that would serve frog legs as an appetizer during happy hour in their sports lounge. I sure miss them. They would even use a spicy batter on them. yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy.
[signature]
yeppers, thim taisty hoppers are truly a delight. spicy beer battered, they taist some where in between a tender chicken leg and a Bluegill. sweet tender and taisty. melt in your mouth hoppers.

Budd, I could just goarge my self on hoppers and poppers.... and beer[angelic]

In case any one dosent know what a popper is, it is a hallopeino peppers filled with string cheese pattered and deep fryed.

now that is a superbowl sunday feast.....
[signature]
[cool] This year I am planning some jalepeno/bluegill poppers. Since there is a shortage of frog leggs here and an overabundance of hot peppers and beer.
[signature]
that actualy is not a bad idea, get a bunch of bft'rs together for some gills, poppers, beer and the superbowl game (rootbeer for those of us who are leading the waggon brigade)

we will just have to find a place that will lock us in just cause a three day fishing trip breaks out and we end up disapering for a week...[sly]
[signature]
[cool] Boy I know what you mean there Dave on the search parties and stuff. Once in awhile I will have my cell phone on by accident and my wife will ask me what time I am coming home. I tell her just a couple more casts and I will be packing up. Usually by the time I get home, she has already flipped the calendar to the new month and stops me at the door and ask who I am.[crazy][crazy][crazy][crazy].
[signature]
I could go for some jalapeno poppers and rootbeer and hot coco as well! Maybe some Good Earth tea.

I think we need to start a new post discussing this in detail.

In the meantime, back to my dough bait which I haven't made yet. Found some rotting lettuce to throw in the mixture. Hehe. You mention frogs. Shall I chop them up if I can find them and then add them?

I've got some ugly turkey cubes that I temporarily put in my freezer about 4 months ago. They were pretty nasty when I took them out of my girlfriends fridge. She wanted me to toss them but I have other plans for it. Gonna let that thaw out and toss it in the mixture also. It's gonna be dough-bait stew!

Are you sure I shouldn't blend it and that I should leave chunks?
[signature]
turkey cubes are good just by them selves. just put a single chunck on a 1/0 jig head and just reel in them cats...

hot dogs the same way, just cut a half inch to 3/4 inch chunck and but it on a 1/0 jig head and drop it streight down.

if you are shore fishing use a 1/0 circle or mesler hook and put a chunk on and fling it out. you urking around the badded cats in the hood....
[signature]
Yup! It'll be shore fishing. I need to find a better spot in the river where I can cast to some holes. My usual spot is shallow enough to walk through and not even get your knees wet! And this is just below the dam! Can't wait until they open it up and let it fill the river below. I think they're gonna let the boaters have one last month of fun on the river above the dam though.
[signature]
can you get on top the dam and fish the other side?

that is usualy a good place to go deep with them big jig heads. even a drop shot with a hot dog chunk is good there, the waters are constantly churning there up and down, any thing swimming with in nose distiance will head right for it.
[signature]
No fishing allowed from the dams walkway. My best possibility will be to get around the chain-link fencing and onto the rocks, and then throw it in. Shall I use my bobber since it's fairly still on the upper side since they've got it pretty much shut? Shall I use a slip-sinker? Shall I use my Charlie swimbait?

I've got some questions that I need to answer.
[signature]
take two poles,

that way you can do both. still and crank.[Wink]
[signature]
Wish I could but Minnesota is a one-pole state. And the rangers are always there at the dam so I won't even consider using a second pole. Even if I did consider doing so, I never would. I like being a law-abiding citizen.
[signature]