Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
9/11 Rememberance
[size 1]Today marks the 2 year anniversary of the cowardly attack by the terrosist on the Twin Towers of New York.[Sad]

Alot of us here in California were not directly involved yet we will the sorrow, pain and anger about our country being attacked and the loss of so many Americans.

I encourage everyone to take a moment of silence today and maybe say alitte prayer for the families couping with there losses and to be thankful that we live in such a strong and wonderful country.

God Bless America! [/size]
[signature]
[cool]The shock and the memories of those first news reports will remain with me always. I was the manager in an office of some twenty people. We had a TV in our meeting room and I pretty much closed the office within minutes of the first strike, so that all could follow the events. By the time the second plane hit, we were all in shock. I told everyone in the office that our lives would never be the same. I am sorry that I was so right.

As I read in the morning paper today, the one good thing that came of it was that it showed the world...and reinforced to us...that we can hold up against almost anything...and become better as a result.

But, that will not bring back those whose lives were lost. It will not fill the holes left in the families of those victims. It will not erase the feeling of violation we all felt when we realized that some evil force had penetrated the defenses of our great nation, and proved that we are not invincible.

Even after two whole years, many families and many businesses are still affected by the events of that day. Some will never recover. I don't think any of us who experienced it will ever completely get over it. I won't.
[signature]
What I have so much trouble dealing with is everytime I see the pictures or hear the names read it's like it's happening all over again for me.

I served for 4 years in the US AIR FORCE during Desert Shield and Storm. People who serve in the protection of there country have to have a special love and respect to be ready to die for it.

That attack hit my soul. I was ready to re-enlist but could not due to health issues I developed recently.

Two of my good friends were part of the fighting force which invaded Afganistan and removed the Taliban from power. As an Patriot I wanted to be there too.
[signature]
[cool]Patriotism and getting a lump in your throat over matters of the country...or even just the playing of the National Anthem...are things you never have to apologize for.

I never served in the armed forces, but lost friends in the Vietnam conflict. I did not know anyone personally who had a loss in the 9-11 tragedy, but that does not keep me from having deep feelings of personal loss and a profound feeling of sympathy for those who did.
[signature]
Toby Keith's wrote a song called " the Angry American ". In that song he mentions his dad served in the Army until he lost his right eye but he flew a flag in his yard until the day that he died.

That song really hit me too. My Dad served in Vietnam and our family flew a flag in our yard from the time my Mom and Dad met. When I became a homeowner first thing I did was put a flag on my house[Wink]

I never take it down, even though your supposed to in tradition. I want people to see it waving day and night.[cool]

One on the house, one at work on my desk ( smaller of course ) one on both vehicles and one on pontoon.

Just like the song says," Proud to be an American " I have never been a big fan of New York but to see the way that city pulls together after a crisis really touched my heart.

I know we should be keeping the topic to fishing but on a day as today I am sure no one will mind.

God bless and Don't mess with the US
[signature]
[cool]Hey fishfather,

No problem with flying the flag 24/7. The only exception is that at night a light should be shining on the flag.

[font "Arial Narrow"][size 4]Proud to fly my flag.[/size][/font]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=647;]
[signature]
[size 2]Yep. Got it[Wink] But the lowering and playing taps is tradition. But I am not in the military anymore and I don't know how to play a trumpet so it stays up 24/7[Wink][/size]
[signature]
[#800000][size 3]My flag has been up since 9/11/01. It ain't coming down til our troops come home. If that one wears out, I'll buy another. [Smile] [/size][/#800000]
[signature]
[size 2]Make sure the old one is burned in traditional mannor.[Wink][/size]
[signature]