Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
presque isle
what works well in the bay for smallies and largemouth? We've never fished up there and are planning on going soon so they'll probably be spawning and thoughts?
[signature]
I go up every year on Memorial Day weekend for the bronze backs. We kill em up there. We use quite a few different lures when we go. We use flukes, tubes, and small senkos. We will also throw out some X-raps and husky jerks at them to. I had a smallie hit an X-rap so hard up there that it busted the lip right off of it. This time of the year its not if you can find the fish, its if you can figure out what they want to bite.

If ya wanna catch smallies fish sand flats. If ya wanna catch more largemouth fish flats with more weeds on them. You can catch them both all day long up there.
[signature]
We are planning on going up on the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. There is an amateur tournament on father's day that my brother wants to do so we're going to go up and "practice" then... I know...just like a pro right!!! Don't know what the heck we're doing but i bet it'll be fun. If you're going this year maybe we'll bump up with ya! Thanks for the info and thanks for the other info in PM's.

Scott
[signature]
You may see me up there then. I have a red G3 Eagle 165 with a 20hp yamaha on the back of it. I get there early friday morning and im leaving sunday but if fish till about 3pm that day then pack it up. Good luck!
[signature]
Okay...we'll look for ya! We'll be in a 16 ft smoker craft with a 70 hp evinrude and a 9.9 johnson...hopefully we'll get on them.... Tight lines!
[signature]
Anyone register for the Cabelas fish for millions? I wish I knew what kind of fish were tagged and the general location where they were put in. 8 places in PA were stocked with tagged fish and I think that there is a fish worth a million $. How sweet would that be???? Id have the boat of my dreams and alot of time enjoyin it... well for a little bit anyhow, ha ha! Anyone have any helpful info on the contest about the fish species or anything??
[signature]
Your the first one i heard this from! SOunds interesting though!
[signature]
Yeah check out Cabelas fishing for millions and register then it gives you some info. I didnt have to much time to go through it just saw the 8 places that had the money fish in them and raystown is one of them! Im stoked!! Told the ol lady im buyin a new z9 triton boat when I catch the million $ fish, ha ha... I was serious though!! check it out
[signature]
I was just lookin and its large mouth and walleye that are the tagged fish in raystown. Fish on brutha!!!
[fishon]
[signature]