Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deal Site
[fishin]
looking for a good site with everything. anyone have any recs?
HUH?
[signature]
there are few everything sites.. .dont get me wrong there are sites like bass pro and cabelas among others that have a lot stuff ... all depending on what you are looking for... on the other hand a lot of the manufacturers sites will give you a better deal.. also.. depending on what it is you are looking for ebay has a lot of good deals on new and used name brand merchandise...

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
lockett lures outlet offers a lot of different fishing lures.
[signature]
I think he is looking for a place to get fly fishing "supplies" and not lures... :-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Thanks! I found this reel this morning.

Seems like a really good deal based on the original price. anyone have any knowledge of this reel? Would love to get an opinion before i pull the trigger and buy it.
[signature]
actually, this site...
seems to have a lot of great deals. has anyone ever purchased from here before?
[signature]
I think you need to post on the freshwater fishing forum.
[signature]
I use to buy stuff from them...loved getting their catalog. But that isn't fly gear so as cpierce pointed out, try the Freshwater forum
[signature]
okay Im a bit Confused here.. this first link is a freshwater reel.. the second link is all fly fishing.. so which one are you asking about... if its the freshwater one I will be glad to move this post to the freshwater forum as suggested.. if it is fly fishing we can center on that and try to answer your questions..

I can tell you this from the fly fishing perspective.. my first fly fishing rig was from walmart and cost me 20.00.. it was and still is a good beat up training rod combo.. a few summers ago I bought two other combos for my son in law and I to use while we are in vacation in TN.. we have fished on at least two difrferen streams in their area .. great combos.. well worth the money spent to get them..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
sorry! didnt realize it was a freshwater reel
[signature]
not a problem.. first question now would be what type of fish are you going for and on what type of waters (lake, stream, river etc)..

just as an fyi.. most people new to fly fishing will pick up a reasonably priced combo to get the hang of things and then look to better made but also pricier rods and reels.. and like most fishing what you buy is dependent on the species and waters fished ..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]