Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dough bait recipies
[cool][size 1] Hey fellow anglers,

I am looking for some dough bait recipies. Could you help me out?? Just think, there may be other readers out there that would like some recipies but are too shy to ask. Lets do it for their benifit as well. Thanks a bunch.[cool] [/size]
[signature]
To make a good catfish bait, us some parmesian cheese, a little flour, and a little water and make dough balls with it. Your fellow angler, Dennis Gardner
[signature]
Hey thanks a bunch and welcome to BFT. I see that you are recently registered. We always appreciate info and advice from fellow anglers just like yourself. I have built up quite a collectioin of recipies and will be glad to add that one in.

I hope we can share some more stories and information in the future.
[signature]
TubeN2, I would like some differact recipies if you could e-mail them to me or post them. My address is [url "http://www.justrayray@yahoo.com"]www.justrayray@yahoo.com[/url]. I would really appreciate it. Look forward to chating with ya. fellow angler Dennis Gardner.
[signature]
[cool] Not a problem there buddy. Let me look through my compilations and I will post them for you.
[signature]
here is one I decided to make up on our stove one night

It usually works pretty good too

but cook it while the wife is at walmart

blood DOUGH RECIPE

1 CUP FLOUR
2 TEASPOONS CREAM OF TARTAR (dont leave this out)
1/4 CUP SALT
1 CUP blood (your choice of type) - ROOM TEMPERATURE
1 TEASPOON OIL
1 Teaspoon garlic powder

Stir all of the ingredients into a pan and cook over MEDIUM heat until smooth.
Once the Mixture is cooled to the touch,
lay the dough on the counter and knead until it becomes firm.
This dough can be placed in an airtight container and saved .
bait will last longer if you place it in the fridge.
[signature]
throw some carots and peas on the side of that dish and it would resemble my dinner last night. [Tongue]

that sounds like a winner of a recipie to me. I may just have to cook me up a batch.

will this keep in the freezer for storage? I know it will get ripe fast during the heat of the day. oooLee [sly]

I bet them cats will just be fightin at the bottom of your hole to see who is going to be next to get on your hook...
[signature]
believe it or not it will keep pretty good outside, i have not tried to freeze it but it will keep for months in the refer

it does work good (not as good as fresh liver but better than cat baits at walmart)

someone might try to cook liver into it and see if that works

if they do let me know how well it works

keith
[signature]
Take two pounds of chicken livers and set them out one by one on a slightly slanted surface out in your yard. Then spread on the livers one cup of salt and a half cup of garlic salt. Then pour a little vanilla on each liver. Allow these to bake in the sun for a full day. The slight slant allows the liver juices to run off so they dry better and stay on the hook well
[signature]
here is a site that has alot of them including the last one I posted

[url "http://www.lake-online.com/fishinhole/catfish.html"]http://www.lake-online.com/fishinhole/catfish.html[/url]
[signature]
thanks for the update. I haven't checked this board in awhile. Happy fishing.
[signature]