Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from the West coast of Arizona!
Welcome all fellow BFT! My name is Robert aka… AzRob and I live in beautiful Lake Havasu City, Arizona - home to the world famous London Bridge. Lake Havasu is also famous for spring breakers and world class Fishing! In fact its home to the world’s largest Redear Sunfish ever caught on record! The huge slab weighed in at 5.55 pounds, measured 16.75 inches long and had a 19-inch girth. I have caught my fair share of large slabs over the years,along with large Smallmouth Bass, Largemouth Bass and sometime a few Stripers, Catfish, Carp, oh yea and one Crappie...but nothing like a 5 lbs sunfish. [shocked]

I’ve been fishing for over 25 years (hope I don’t show my age)with some ups and downs. But in 1997, I bought a WoodRiver StealtRider Float Tube and never look back. When I Lived in California, I would do a lot of Float Tubing at Perris Lake and Newport Bay- landing Bass after Bass in my trusty StealtRider. Then a few years later I moved to Lake Havasu City and was surprise at the quality of the fish at the lake. The City has a very nice fishery program with large area of Fish Habitats in the lake. I have caught some very nice fish off the fishing docks and from the shore, but the real fun is fishing from my Float Tube! Nothing is more relaxing then to see a Large Smallmouth jump two feet in front of you and pull you around the lake (Who needs a trolling motor).. Oh what fun.

I just order up a new toy - a Fish Cat 4 which I hope to get in a few days. The weather here has been weird for the month of May with lots of wind and rain. Its can get hot here like 120` But it’s a dry Heat! So I hope for some better weather when my Cat arrives. In the Future,I hope to do some posts/fishing reports from here to let you know what’s going on Arizona’s west Coast with some pictures to go with it.

So anyways I think I said a lot and it’s time to go fishing… So if your ever what to fish this great Lake, just drop me a E-mail or post and I’ll give you some tips.

Talk to you soon ... AzRob [Wink]
Azrob@Live.com
[signature]
Welcome to the site AZRob, I see you are finding your way around BFT but just in case you have not found the AZ board, I'll move your post there so the local anglers can say hi.
WH2
[signature]
Rob: I sent you an email. I am Joe/kfsrmn also in Havasu. I use a kayak instead of a tube. The bass fishing has been pretty good. Picked up a 6lb LM yesterday evening,
[signature]