Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attaching a transducer on Outlaw Escape
Any ideas, please? I have a Humminbird.

Pat, I looked at your transducer mounts on a pontoon, not sure how to go about putting one on my Escape.

Thanks,

FT

P.S. I love this board!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Frameless...right?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You might try a "lash-down" setup...modular and moveable. I have made a couple...both for pontoons and for tubes that did not have the D rings or internal frames to permit more permanent attachment. You can lash them down with strap and buckle or with bungee cord...as in the pic with the rod holder.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Here are some pics to give you the idea. Let me know if you think this might work...or if you need more help.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[signature]
On my Renegade I use an old "Fishin Buddy" holster that I already had. I mounted my transducer on a length of pvc that has an elbow on the top. I push the pvc arm up through the holster and then put a short piece of pvc in the elbow. That keeps the transducer arm in and turned to the position that I want it.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-F...l+Products

If I am remembering correctly, a while back a forum member -- I think it was Peter805 -- posted his set up. It was a strap with a screw in it. The screw acted as a pivot for a pvc arm that he had his transducer on.
[signature]
might want to send orvis1 a PM. he did it with one single cam strap and it worked awesome for him.
[signature]
No frame TD. Because of the oars, you will either have to mount it by your leg, or mount it behind you.
I did have mine on my Escape. I used a piece of wood the length of the bag. It was like 1/4" thick and about 2" wide. I then mounted the RAM flush mount ball. So the sonar sticks out of one of my bags. The transducer, I use an old Fishing Buddy tube mount which is basically a large PVC tube with straps. Easy enough to make.
You do have to use imagination and you are unable to mount anything to the sides because of the oars.
[signature]
I liked the idea of the single cam strap, so I messed around for a few minutes and setup my transducer on a cheap strap that I had laying around from Harbor Freight. I think it will work great, on both my Renegade and my Fish Cat 4. It will pack nice and compactly, and it will be easy to loosen and rotate around off of the bottom when launching and landing. It also adjusts easily to the different size when switching boats.

Nice idea, thanks!

I'll post a picture or two tomorrow if any one is interested.
[signature]
this is what I did.....

Peter
[signature]
Very nice, clean and simple and versatile. Excellent design.
[signature]
Thanks Pat and all who posted their ideas. I was sort of in a hurry due to a last minute decision to fish in a Crappie tournament on Saturday.

I didn't have a clue about how I was going to do this. Friday afternoon I went to Home Depot and bought a 1/2 inch PVC and made a T shaped puppy that was about 2 ft long. I planned on strapping it on the inside of my Escape.

Well, that was the plan. Ha, ha. I forgot the battery cable. So much for using my FF yesterday.

Thanks again.

FT
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You really didn't have to admit that. But stuff like that is what we all have to experience before we can really claim to be tubers, tooners...or fisherfolk.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have thrown together a lot of things just before a trip. Sometimes it all works out and life is good. Other times I wonder "What was I thinking?"[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I suppose you will try several different things before you find exactly what you want.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#0000ff]I suppose you will try several different things before you find exactly what you want.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
True.
[signature]
Here is what I did to simplify my setup. Using a cheap thin cam strap from Harbor Freight really made it easy to just thread the strap through the mounting holes.

It goes on easy, and is easy to loosen and pull the transducer up the side when I launch or land. Plus it is very light and compact, and adjusts to my other float tube.

[inline "DSC00450 Standard e-mail view.jpg"]
[signature]