Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charleston SC anyone?
Ive been to Charleston many times and getting married there in oct. I know most anglers wont share their "good" spots, but who would? im bringing my boat down in oct and seeing where some good spots to fish are. any insight would be appreciated
[signature]
What kind of boat are you bringing out? Knowing your range will help me, help you, a lot.
[signature]
oh sorry, Im running a 18' voyager jonboat with a force 40 on the back.
[signature]
Mmmmm, that means you're stuck inside....... I don't normally fish Charleston, but the tactics are the same. I normally fish out of murrells inlet.

I can tell you that the normal target species will be biting in full force. Redfish, Flounder, weakfish, etc...... will all be feeding. Creek mouths, oyster beds, and flats are good places to look. Holes usually hold flounder, and you'll have no problem finding live bait, if you can toss a cast net. I remember fishing the inlets one time, and tearing up the sheepshead. If you can find some bottom structure in a hole in the creek, try dropping down a fiddler crab on a carolina rig. You might be surprised what you find. All the drum species also eat the fiddlers, so they are a pretty good bait.

I'm not sure how big your balls are, but if you can get out along the beach in the ocean, the Spanish Mackerel are in, and the Kings won't be far behind them. Any rocks or jetties on the ocean side will hold breeder drum, which is always a good time.

If you make your way a little farther north, let me know. I know a lot of the spots in the MI area. Hopefully this will help you a little bit. Oh, fish the rising tide. [Wink]
[signature]