Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No fuel in fuel line ???
So, I replaced the fuel-water seperator. The new one I filled with gas so as to not have a priming problem. But now I can not get gas to fill the (new) see-through fuel filter. No matter how hard or fast I pump the fuel line bulb, I cant get fuel up into the fuel filter. I checked for tighness of the fuel-water seperator. I even replaced the hand pump bulb itself ... still no fuel flow.

I even put ear-mufs on the motor and run it in my driveway. It idled just fine for about 10 minutes and I shut it off. But still no fuel in the filter.

I disconected the "out" side of the bulb and easily pumped gas from the tank into a gas can. But when I connect it back up to the fuel line running to the motor, I can no longer pump fuel. The bulb never gets "hard" ... fuel never moves into the fuel filter.

I'm pretty sure that if I were to run it longer in the drive way or put the motor under load out on a lake, the motor would probably die soon for the lack of fuel.

Any ideas?

Oh, it is a 2004 Evinrude E-Tech 50 hp 2-stroke fuel injected, oil injected (I don't have to mix the oil) motor.

Any suggestions or ideas?
[signature]
Well, we got it fixed. We pulled the fuel line where it connects to the fule filter (not the seperator) then put it back on and a few pumps filled the fuel filter and it ran good all day today on Willard.
[signature]