Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
33hole shad footage 5/21
Some members have suggested to me to stop posting and get a life or else [pirate]

Well I got some cool shad footage when I was slaying cats at one of my honey holes on saturday. I figured I would redeem myself and post some fish related content.

The area was so thick with shad they were schooling up with my swimbait and cranks. I was amazed on how much bait you could actually see. Around 9am they totally disappeared from the area. Check out my video on youtube.[Wink]

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1SUVTT5obI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1SUVTT5obI[/url]
[signature]
Fishing and listening to Nirvana at the same time MUST be a good idea.

Did you net any of them?
[signature]
Its a pain to lug that old bulky battery powered radio up and down the treacherous 33hole cliffs but its worth it. I've done tests and I catch more fish when I bring it.

Depending on what station your playing it works to keep people out of your area. Obnoxiously loud rap seems to clear an area out pretty quick lol.

I didn't have my cast net so I didn't even bother to catch em believe it or not there pretty spooky and easily scared. Some lures sent them running away scared other lures they schooled around and followed it was pretty cool.
[signature]
Heya 4poundonly,

Sorry you couldn't go last minute to Sand Hollow w/ me. That's what I get for deciding to go fishing on the spot. Wasn't much fun with the truck running bad anyhow. Didn't even wet a line.

Anyhow, couple weeks back I launched out of the old Gov. Wash and shad were everywhere. They were ripping up and down the banks. Pretty much did it all day. What an nice sight to seen when one is going fishing.

Glad you had a nice trip,
[signature]
I know bro wish I could of went to Hollow with ya but somebody has to put all those groceries on the shelfs. I got tired of dealing with vehicle probs and decided its best to lease, dump that puppy for something new every 2 years is how I roll.

Ive been going to the hole for 4-5 years now and that was the most shad I have ever seen. It was crazy clouds and clouds go by with almost no end in sight. I never have really had the opportunity to net shad from shore so I never bring my castnet maybe next time I'll think twice.
[signature]
Nice, guess its time to put the cast net back into the truck. I used to get shad at Bouler Harbor all the time, but they are moving major amounts of dirt there atm.
[signature]