Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carp For The Masses
So, we shall have a giant outing dedicated to the art of catching as many carp as is physically possible.

2 parts to this poll.

1) Where do we have it?
2) When?

I am not a fan of our lake come Memorial Day weekend.
Far too many people not utilizing the great expanses of our lake, all clogging up the Boulder Basin. It clears out by Tuesday.

And I like Kingman Wash for this one. Seems perfect for fitting all of our cars right down at the water's edge. It's a 3 mile dirt road, but 4wd is not needed, and there is asphalt at the end of the road going into the water, so we wont sink either.
[signature]
[quote TheWhizzle]
I am not a fan of our lake come Memorial Day weekend.
.[/quote]

i agree.. plus i don't want to deal with dui check points either. not to mention all the crazies who would not make it past those said checkpoints, driving around being crazy lunatics because of heavy drinking and hot weather.

personally i've never been to kingman wash is it hard to get to? its past the dam right? i'm always up for new fishing spots. and not sinking is always a plus++ sinking at lake mead brings back bad memories for me. lets see what everyone else has to say.

sidenote: LOL @ the "i'm not going to your stupid carp thing" vote[cool]

telbone: i need you to hook me up with a couple of carp flies, if you have any extras i'm willing to pay for them.[fishin]
[signature]
Weekend of June 4th, 5th

(Pre-fishing NSC Tournament)

Weekend of June 11th, 12th
(Fishing NSC Tournament)
[signature]
A few weeks ago I was fishing from a friend's boat out of Hemingway. Out past the Boulder Islands, I could see cars parked on the east shoreline. I assume that is Kingman wash.
[signature]
I cant do this Saturday but can do Sunday the 29th this weekend. Those other 2 weekends are both good for me.
[signature]
i did a google map search for kingman wash, and i don't know how recent that arial picture is... but it was packed down there[shocked], looked to be no extra room for anyone. is it like that all the time?[unimpressed]
[signature]
The Google Imagery was taken 5/28/2010
[signature]
yeah, that's a memorial day pic.
[signature]
that would explain it lol[cool] hence not being a fan of our lake during memorial day weekend. [Wink]
[signature]
When I was out this weekend I saw a ton of carp just going in a circle it seemed like right up against the shore had to be hundreds of them. Just go here and catch all the carp you can handle. It is not access able by car though, it is 1/2 mile down from Stewarts Point, kayak though would be doable. You could probably cast out a net and catch 10 of these things. Or just go to the marina with a bunch of popcorn. [Wink]

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggk3wmJBRDM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggk3wmJBRDM[/url]
[signature]
I'm not able to go out fishing this Saturday. I told the wife I would go with her to an Area 51s tailgate party/game at 4 pm. So not much time to drive all that way, launch and return.

Thinking of going to Stewart's Point monday predawn taking the kayak. I don't have a 4x4 so don't know if I will be able to get close to shore. I made a cart for the kayak so I may have to hoof it, kayak in tow from the road so not to get stuck.

I went there last week with Telbone in his SUV and he almost got stuck in the loose gravel trying to get close to shore to launch his porta-bote.

Anyone know how to get close to the shore at Stewart's Point in a Ford Focus?
[signature]
I'm planning to head to the lake w/ my yak pre-dawn on monday as well. but I'm thinking about launching at gov' wash or crawdad cove, cuz I dun wanna be carrying my 55lb kayak + gear hiking to the waters.
[signature]
I would change to Gov't Wash for Monday if you want to meet. The only problem I have with GW is that it will be crowded with jetskis and skiboats, both of which I hate. Also it might be difficult to find a launching spot but I'll give it a try.

Since I don't have a 4x4 I'm leary of attempting Crawdad Cove.

PM me if you're interested.

55lb kayak? must be a Hobie Outback or Revolution.
[signature]
[quote gnelson651]
Since I don't have a 4x4 I'm leary of attempting Crawdad Cove. [/quote]

crawdad cove is not too bad i have a 4x4 but didn't need to use the 4wd, i see small cars out there all the time. i can drive right up to the waters edge(my avatar picture was taken at crawdad cove) but at the same time i'm lifted and have offroad tires. there are some big rocks and soft sand near the waters edge so may not be safe for a car but the walk from hard ground parking to the water is only about 50 yards, good luck with your quest [fishin]
[signature]
I have a Perception Sport Caster Angler Kayak. I wish I went w/ the Ocean Kayak Trident 11 instead.... but price drove me to this one. Got all features for $200 less, but comes w/ extra weight as well.

What part of town do you live? if not too much out of way, I'll swing by and tow your yak as well w/ my suv. we can do crawdad cove, may be less crowded. I plan to fish predawn til mid afternoon.
[signature]
I live in the NW part of town, off W. Craig Rd and Buffalo. I don't have a trailer for the yak. Its an 8' shorty so I just cartop it with some soft racks.
[signature]
I have carp fever now, I went down to the marina see them in the masses. I'm putting together a video of them atm, I'll post it up when i'm done.
[signature]
Went out to Goverment last weekend 5-21-11
With my Sister and Nephew.

Got two (7.8 and 3.5) on the corn.
[signature]
I made a video of the carp at Hemenway. I just got it uploaded, check it out!

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55KPna8KKAQ"][#0033cc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55KPna8KKAQ[/#0033cc][/url]
[cool]cool video!!! how big would u say that striper was? [fishon]
[signature]