Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winter time storage of the float gear
I've always just done exactly what TubeDude said. I completely deflated my tube (rubber), left it in the cover and just rolled it up and put it in a cardboard apple box that I got from the grocery store. I have never had a puncture or weak spot in my tube, and I got it in 1996 or 1997. I stored it this way for two years when I left the country to go to Nicaragua for a religious (LDS) proselyting mission. No problem. That last two years I've only used it once each summer, but it got lots of use the first 2 or 3 years I had it. My waders I've had a year longer than that, and they're looking pretty Sad. They're 3mm Neoprene Remington waders. Never had much problem with them until this year. Yeah, I've patched a hole or two but nothing major. Last week at the second perch party though, when I got out of them from being in the tube at Jordanelle all day, I was wet from the waist down to my toes. Not sure what is leaking, but I've been using aquaseal on all the seams to see if that's the problem. I've always just rolled up my waders and put them in a box all winter too.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Re: [One_eyed_jack] Winter time storage of the float gear - by fishfather - 09-12-2003, 04:59 PM
Re: [TubeDude] Winter time storage of the float gear - by fishfather - 09-12-2003, 09:31 PM
Re: [One_eyed_jack] Winter time storage of the float gear - by cat_man - 09-12-2003, 06:20 PM
Re: [EmuScud] Winter time storage of the float gear - by fishfather - 09-15-2003, 09:37 PM
Re: [EmuScud] Winter time storage of the float gear - by fishfather - 09-15-2003, 11:13 PM
Re: [tubeN2] Winter time storage of the float gear - by fishfather - 09-16-2003, 08:58 PM