Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge May 21-24
Fished Flaming Gorge for 4 days with theangler. The wind was brutal (20-40 mph) about 75% of the time, making fishing difficult to impossible much of the time when we did find fish. When we did get the rare break in the weather, the fish were completely disinterested in what we were dropping.

We caught a few fish, but it was a lot of work and hours and hours of frustration. Didn't catch any monsters but we did manage a couple in the 20s. As tough a trip as I've ever had up there in years.....

Friday a windy, rainy cold front moved in and the wind raged all day long and all night. When we got up Saturday morning it was still blowing 20+ mph, so we launched at Sheep Creek and never left the canyon. It was brutal down there, too. We only found some fish in any numbers in one place and we went down as far as Jarvies. No biters. The wind blew steadily in the 20s and 30s all day long. Neither of us even had a hit.

Sunday the morning was much like Saturday, but without the wind in the morning. I got a 6# in the morning. About 1:00 we pulled in on a favorite spot and found a few fish just as the wind got busy. I caught a 12 lbs. and a 20 lb. in short oder but that was it for the day.

Monday the wind was back and it was brutal, especially in the afternoon – 18-39 mph (at Rock Springs). There were fish around again, but no biters with the exception of one spot. Inexplicably we both missed 4 or 5 hits in there, and they were not dinks.

Tuesday morning we started before 6:00 AM again and a6:20 I got a 29 lb. fish (39”) on a hmemade bait. Mike then got 12 and 15 lb fish lbs. on the same thing. Our last bite came at about 7:15, and we got blown off about 1:00.

I then fished the canyon solo in a heavy wind (18-35 mph) for several hours. I found a few decent fish, but again were all completely disinterested. Quit at 7:30 and called it a trip. Mike was smart. He opted for a nap and missed that final 6 hrs or so of fun. LOL

Still, it was a fun trip and Mike was a good sport for putting up with me for 4 days.

Thanks again, Mike.
[signature]
Testing Photo's in fishing reports feature, photos from 5-25 fishing flaming gorge trip
[Image: 0341.JPG]
Still testing sdydsgsgs sgs gs s gsg sgsg sg ssgs sgsg sgs sgs gsg sgsgs sgs gsg sgsg sg sg sgs gsg sg sg sgsg sg sgsg [Image: 0351.JPG]
Still testing sdydsgsgs sgs gs s gsg sgsg sg ssgs sgsg sgs sgs gsg sgsgs sgs gsg sgsg sg sg sgs gsg sg sg sgsg sg sgsg
[Image: 040.JPG]
Still testing sdydsgsgs sgs gs s gsg sgsg sg ssgs sgsg sgs sgs gsg sgsgs sgs gsg sgsg sg sg sgs gsg sg sg sgsg sg sgsg [Image: 0431.JPG]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Okay, I'll bite. How did you post those pics like that? That's the type of report option I was looking for when we discussed it up there......
[signature]
OK DON, here is a link to the tutorial, I think you will see it's really not that different then the way you do it other places. Let me know your thoughts.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/General_Discussion_C1/Website_%26_Message_Board_Help_F74/gforum.cgi?post=669276;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;page=unread#unread"]IN POST PHOTO'S TUTORIAL, CLICK HERE[/url]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Very nice report. Sorry to hear the wind would not cooperate for you.
[signature]