Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly question
OK, got this fly from a friend and his request was to see if I can make a few for him? Well, I said sure....I will try my best.

For the most part it seems to be a thinned out wooly but maybe it is called something else??

Any suggestions for material and the actual name?
[signature]
got me by the fly on that one.. :-).. but is a great looking fly.. but the body looks more like a floss than a chenille... course Im proobably wrong on that one... :-)

MacFly
[signature]
I agree on the floss, but a stretch floss. Furnace hackle. Again I say it looks like a play on a Salmon Grub

[Image: dscn8990.jpg]
Tied by Rasevic Živadin
[signature]
is it a macky special? Kinda like a sandyfly nymph but with hackle and a bit bigger
[signature]
[quote thebug]is it a macky special? Kinda like a sandyfly nymph but with hackle and a bit bigger[/quote]

thats what I have heard that fly called
[signature]
[quote thebug]is it a macky special? Kinda like a sandyfly nymph but with hackle and a bit bigger[/quote]

That is like saying a Haresear is like a Muddler, but without the turkey feather and deer hair.[crazy][Wink][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

This fly is like a lot of others. A bunch of different flies in one, but somewhere someone named it.
[signature]