Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban FREE fish day!
The only thing good about FREE fish day is the tackle hunting the next day!!!!!!!
[signature]
I didn't even realize it is free fishing day Saturday until i saw this. Sounds like an excellent day to go golfing..
[signature]
weather is to nice to go golfing, time to head north some where!
[signature]
We are camping at paliSades so we will be able to do both!
[signature]
camping, fishing, golf and beer (possibly)? what a combo right there!
[signature]
Hit the water at twilight then move to Utah Lake at 10:15 am. I have a Utah State Parks Pass for sale on the for sale board
[signature]
Personally, I believe the free fishing day is a good thing in that it allows some people, that otherwise might not try fishing, a chance to discover whether its for them, or not, without spending cash on something they decide they dont like.
Its also my belief that more fishing persons are created by the free fishing day than not. And of course, thats not always a good thing. But it gives the rest of us a chance to catch up on honey-do's or other somethings that day we avoid, like yard work. [mad]
[signature]

well said Don, free fishing day is great to take the nephews and nieces out fishing for the day. they will always remember those days.
[signature]
I concur. The funny thing about fisherman is a lot of us (including me) like to keep our secret spots and don't want to see more fishermen in certain places. But the reality is, if we don't get new blood interested in the sport, then we lose guardians of our resources. Money doesn't get spent in the sporting goods stores, people lose jobs, companies lose interest in product development. And on and on.
Huzzah for free fishing day. I hope it puts a Smile on a whole bunch of faces. There are 364 other days I can go anyway [Wink]
[signature]
Sorry but My daughters are going with me who haven't fished with me for 8 years. We're going to UL and its perfect timing for the carp spawn. What could be better!
[signature]
I don't know where you are fishing that is so bad but I have never been crowded on free fishing day. Definatly not as crowded as any saturday during ice fishing. Free fishing day is also the only day of the year my wife will fish with me so I think it is a good thing.
[signature]
I think it's fun to go out on free fishing day. I can usually fish like crazy undisturbed in some hard to access hot spot on a popular lake and then I get to walk back to the car and watch the army of tanglers sitting on flat structureless shorelines enjoy mere sunsshine. It's kind of amusing watching the newbies and it's also exciting to see a crowd as long as they're not in my spot haha. Which is usually never the case on free fishing day because free fishing peeps know nothing about location. I do also take the chance to take some non fishing friends to try out the sport on free fishing day. Just not in the top secret areas haha. Something like white bass is perfect.
[signature]
Is it free if you buy a licence every year? Everyday is free if you don't! Remember kids nothing in life is FREE...... I want a refund...
[signature]
I'll be working but you can bet that I'd rather be out there fishing, anywhere.
[signature]
RE"Is it free if you buy a licence every year? Everyday is free if you don't! Remember kids nothing in life is FREE...... I want a refund..."

Consider it a 1/365 percent price hike on your license. Free fishing day is mainly for the kids and for their parents that may want to see if their youngsters like to do it. Its a good thing. Sure, it isn't the best day for the hardcore angler to be out but so what?
[signature]
I agree. Free fishing day is a great thing. When I was a kid, my dad didn't like fishing enough to buy a license (didn't help that we didn't have a lot of money either) so free fishing day was the 1 day a year I got to go until I was about 16 and we started getting into long lining. I love fishing, and always have. If it weren't for free fishing day, I never would have got a start.
[signature]
They should call it liter the the lake with Modelo day. For me It's mow my lawn free day Smile Have a good time fishin peeps. Feed the Big Browns for me!
[signature]