Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boxcar Cove 6/3/11
Got to boxcar at about 730 floated out half mile from the end of the cove trailing a chove on bobber behind me about 100 yards. While throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the lake. Nothing, so I get out of the water at a far cove and set my bait on the bottom. 2 catfish at about 1-2 lbs each. After getting back to my truck I walked chest deep to check for bass beds. Nothing yet, I'll put money they start bedding in a week or so water temps almost there b
[signature]
[quote Largemouth_kid] After getting back to my truck I walked chest deep to check for bass beds. Nothing yet, I'll put money they start bedding in a week or so water temps almost there b[/quote]

i may be wrong but i'm pretty sure that the spawn for bass is over, these desert fish spawn alot earlier than bass in cooler climates. i believe they spawned out in april/early may. i could be mistaken though, some of our avid bass semi pros will know for sure.
[signature]
Hit Gov wash for AM topwater stripers.

Spawn should be over for all fish.
[signature]
Yeah, the bass spawn is over. There are always a couple fish that spawn late, but the masses are already into a post-spawn or early summer phase.
[signature]
Yes your all right. I guess my internal memory is being thrown off by the weird weather. It was funny tho to look down n see all the campfire rings underwater.
[signature]