Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 6/5/11
[cool]Launched the tube at 4:30 am at 33 hole to try for the topwater action. Only fish on the top of the water were carp and gizzard shad. Kicked around between Gypsum and Gov't wash for one 12" lmb. Kicked back across to rocky point and coves for nada. No wind til 9:45am. Called it quits then and legs were a little tired. Nice day on the water though. Also nice to see the water level rising.
[signature]
Nice report n pics [cool]
[signature]
Those fish better wake up soon! Thanks "E".
[signature]
Yeah, watch for new rocks if you are boating - we've gotten almost four more feet of water in the past couple weeks.
[signature]
Hey BigE I havent been to the lake in a while is there any water in Gypsum ?
[signature]
Hmm, I must have seen you out there. I was fishing 33 hole the same day. I arrived around 5:15 am left around 10:00am. I actually caught one fish this time but it popped of right at shore because I was trying to tape it, while reeling in lol. I actually have a lil video of it but I haven't loaded it up yet. It was only about 10 inches long and it bit a 5 inch swim bait.

I did see a guy out there in a tube though. It had to be you. Nice little fish.
[signature]
[cool]The only water is what is flowing in. I used gypsum wash as a reference point. Though with the level coming up it just may fill in part of gypsum.
[signature]
[cool]Yeah I was the only guy there in a tube. I did see someone coming down to the shore and going from spot to spot about that time. I did get one more hit but it didn't hook.
[signature]