Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guide Vests
It seams that as of late I have been taking a lot of first time Fishermen and Woman out fishing. I have a standard vest right now and it does not nearly hold enough of stuff for me and the others that I am taking out with me. I like to do multiple types of fishing when I am out as well. I have been looking at several types of guides vests the first being the Simms G3 guide vest and the second being the Simms guide vest (note no G3 I think they are different) but what I was wondering is what is the best option or if anyone has another guide type vest with lots of room for storage that is not as expensive. Because the best prices I can find on the Simms vests run 125 ish to 199.99 range and that is a little rich for my budget. Anyone with some ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
Vest are great, but ya know I have found that while vest offer you a great deal of storage, it dosnt quite add enough room for packing that a fanny pack will give you.

I like the vest, but I find that the bigger the pockets the more I hang up on them.

I suggest getting a floatation vest that best fits you and your personality and pick up a small kicker fanny pack or two.

small camera belt cases works well for me, I can pack all kinds of gear on the water with that, matter fact, come winter time I carry enough equipment to gear up hundreds of rigs at a time.

I fish for everything from perch and gills up to pike and salmon and stergeon.

so if you are wadeing in to waters that is not deaper than waist deap, the fany packs are the way to go, even in a boat and especialy if your are walking afield where banging boxes and busting them open is a concern.