Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panguitch
Hey guys,

I'm tired so this will be short. Fished Panguitch about 5 hrs yesterday and again for 'bout 3 hours this morning. I personally caught about 25 trout. Many more were caught between several friends on my boat w/ me. I caught the first couple on a fly, but then switched to trolling spinning gear to accomodate my friends. They were hitting both San Juan worms and my Carey Special. A gold Kastmaster was the ticket trolling... silver kastmaster was a close second.

I released all my fish, but here's a pic of the trout several of my friends caught in the boat w/ me. I alternated taking buddies out for fun in the porta-bote.
[Inline PanguitchStringer2011.jpg]

The biggest fish caught was a nice fat 19 or 20 inch cutthroat I caught this morning. We released him quickly and I didn't get a pic. The water was rough and I kept the camera gear packed. Some spray was coming over the sides and none of my gear is waterproof.

Best part of the trip was getting several buddies into fish. One of my friends said it was the best time fishing he ever had Smile.

I think I got a couple of video clips, but I've not had time to go through it.

This is a yearly camping trip I take with several friends. I have always had a tube in the past... that boat came in handy as I was able to take 2 friends in addition to myself out at a time.

Later,
[signature]
Looks like you had a blast. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Thanks Ben,

Mead has humbled me so regularly lately that it was nice to get a good trip in.

I was that close >< to not going too.

Later,
[signature]
Man those fish look tasty. Good job out there.
[signature]
Thanks James,

I didn't eat any of those guys, but I did have some my buddy Jerry smoked on his grill. I know a lot of guys, including myself, who can cook them some serious trout... but I tell you, Jerry's is special!

I had read you bought the yearly and I have it as well. We should get up to Utah and throw some flies... question is WHERE? There are so many spots I'd like to go. It is hard to narrow it down.

I also want to get up to the Ruby Marshes sometime this summer. I've been threatening to go for years, but have never made it. I am hoping to make it this year.

Later,
[signature]