Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another White Bass post..
I've been to Ut Lake a few times this year, from the bank only.....so far. I'll I've caught is bunches of white bass. I stopped by Am Fork on my way to Provo yesterday morn. Fished for an hour between 10:30-11:30. I caught a few, lost a few-(fish and lures), and tangled the crap out of the bank a few times.[cool] I had something hit a small green jig and snap my 4 pound test. My drag was way too tight of course. So sorry, only White Bass to report this time for those of you that are getting sick of them. They are fun for me, way better then getting skunked.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good report. No apologies necessary. If the elitists give you any stuff just ignore them...or let them ignore you.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]White bass are fun, cooperative and overabundant. Makes for a pretty good species in my book. They provide a lot of good fishing for kids and folks that are not always successful on other species. And they provide a lot of tasty meals for fish lovers.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Uhhhh...fishing with light tackle is okay...even preferable when targeting whities. But ya always gotta check your drag 'cause there are a lot of big stupid fish in that lake that don't understand you ain't fishing for them.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thanks, I often overlook things when I'm sneaking in a hurried fishing trip on my way to somewhere else. Next time I hope to go for a substantial amount of time and slow down and relax a bit.
[signature]
Great post. I am headed out the door now and hope to play with the WB as well. Those mystery fish that snap the line keep me awake at night...they are most likely carp, but they could be some huge cat or eye.
[signature]
Great to hear about the UL white bass but we need to hear more...And More Pictures..[Wink]
[signature]
Haha that's the great part about mystery fish, they can be whatever you want them to be! No offense to carp, they are always a welcome fight.
[signature]
Long live the white bass and whitey posts. They are my favorite. Go get em.
[signature]
Amen about the carp. Dif'rnt stroke for dif'rnt folks, but i just love something tugging at my line, and carp can be fun. Specially when they get near the boat and then do a downward dive in desperation that makes the drag scream and I wonder if my pole will break! Though, I confess that there is a teeny bit of disappointment after I realize it's not something else! [Wink]

I was thinkin' though. I haven't caught one, nor has any member of my family in... wow... at least two years! I'm not sure if that's a good thing, but I wish I could - I need some bait for the kitties! [laugh]

Props to anyone that reports doing well for white bass with a good story and pics!
[signature]