Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle-The one that didn't get away.
Started out rough with very little action, a bite here and there between the three of us. Bites started happening on drop shot but I hate fishing drop shot so I stuck with my plan...well, plan B anyway. Plan A was cranks...epic fail [:/].
Cole landed a nice brown on a dropshot, Kevin (wasatch801) landed a nice smallie on a drop shot but I refused to give in. Hits and misses on dropshot, I was drawing a blank. Kevin nailed a fat football bow and I broke out the spinning rod with a small lead head and caught a couple SMALLies- got the skunk off. Kept at it with plan B and it paid off. We did some searching high and low and finally found some nice fish. I nailed a couple largemouth, big one was 5lb. 4 oz. woohoo! and Kevin got one too. Water temp was around 54 most of the day then warmed up a degree or two in some places. Dirty water did not help fishing and we caught all our fish in the cleaner water.
Let's do it again when the water warms up Kevin, I had fun today.
[inline "Jordane 6-12-11 001.jpg"]
[inline "Jordane 6-12-11 005.jpg"]
[inline "Jordane 6-12-11 014.jpg"]
[inline "Jordane 6-12-11 012.jpg"]
[inline "Jordane 6-12-11 019.jpg"]
[inline "Jordane 6-12-11 018.jpg"]
[inline "Jordane 6-12-11 023.jpg"]
[signature]
Awesome, thanks fro the text. Plan b works for alot guys up there. I would still throw cranks.

[signature]
That's some pig......largemouth! It's nice to see some largies coming out of jordanelle.
If your plan b is what I think it is, that's my new fav!
[signature]
I tried really hard for a crank bite but it didn't happen. I didn't throw them when it warmed up though. I was looking for the greener pastures [Wink]
[signature]
Nice Greenie Johnny! I'd rather jig than dropshot anyday. I guess some of us are kinda stubborn huh?
[signature]
I'm not stubborn, I just refuse to drop shot [Wink]. Too lazy for me, don't know why but I like to 'search' for fish. Not just hang it over the side of the boat.
[signature]
Were you fishing in the tourny? I think you look familiar, a buddy and I fished it for the first time Saturday
[signature]
Awesome report and great fish! Looks like I need to give Jordanelle another visit.
[signature]
John John the phenomenon nice work I'm not to proud or stubborn to take a brown on a drop shot but that's a step up from drowning a worm for me. How dose the rock cliff area look can you launch a boat yet?
[signature]
John, I had a great time. Thanks for the invite to come and fish with yourself and Cole. It was a difficult bite, but I think that we were able to finally put some kind of pattern together between the three of us. Watching you pull in that huge LMB was the icing on the cake! Good luck at the Gorge next weekend and holler at me when you get back! Jordanelle should be EN FUEGO by that time!
[signature]
I could see from a couple hundred yards away that the boat launch area in RC looked like chocolate milk so I didn't even get close so I couldn't say. Water is rising so it shouldn't be long but the fishing may not be so great in that area for awhile.
[signature]
I didn't fish the tourney. Who held it and how was the fishing?
[signature]
I believe it was ultimate bass? It was my first one so I'm not entirely sure. It was alright, the big fish of the tourny was a 5.1 largemouth (I thought that was the same fish as you caught at first glance), but the average fish weighed in was just a little over 2 pounds. We caught fish pretty steady most the day but could never find anything bigger than 2.5 lbs. Biggest smallie brought in was 3.5 lbs. It was tough tho, we finished 5th place and our 4 fish only weighed for a total of like 7.8 pounds or something?
[signature]