Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake 6-11-11 tube/toon/bank
Well finally made it out to UL Woolly Knolls this Saturday but it wasn't very woolly at all unfortunately. took a few coworkers with me, in all we had my Tube, another on a toon, and one had to stay on the bank (the rentals were all...rented out). So we launched around 0745, and just let the wind take us along the bank headed towards the point of knolls. My friend on the toon was using a small orange/red Rat-l-Trap and was smokin those fun little white bass. And I, nothing. Was using all sorts of combos of tubes and jigs, even sweetened them all up with a worm or minnow (cut and whole). Ran through the entire list of everything I brought with me. Couldn't get the whities or the kittys to play, all the while he's catching not 15 ft from me. Bout 0930 we decided to try something else and my friend let me use a slightly larger Rat-l-trap than he was using and [Wink] Fish on!!!! We kept fishing till we got to the point and started making our way back. I myself got about 3 on that one Rat-l-trap and then about 10 or so on a black and orange rooster tail. He on the other hand was able to pull in something like 15 or so on a single rat-l-trap. not bad at all for our first time to float the UL. And our friend who hung out fishing the bank back by the truck was unfortunate to not score a single fish. Since we never saw a single kitty and we were hugging the bank the whole time around 3-4 ft I guess that the cats were still out in the depths. So we'll have to get back out there another day and find some of those pesky kittens, but hey if they don't come out I'll take WB any day.

here is a few pics
Looks like a great day on the water. [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you caught a few. Sorry my kitties didn't wanna come inside to play.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]It usually takes a few trips to really learn that area and to have a plan B, C & D...just in case plan A doesn't work out.[/#0000ff]
[signature]