Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alexander-Below Dam
Is there access just below the Alexander Dam in Soda? We didn't know if it was open to fishing or if the Power Company had it off limits for a ways. Saw a guy Saturday who was fishing right above the dam catch a nice catfish. He hadn't been there more than 15-20 minutes he said.
[signature]
Real steep banks. There are signs down there telling you where you can't go. Planter rainbows are all I caught but lots of them.
Is the reservoir filling up or is it still low?
[signature]
im heading that way tomorow morning maby!!! and the access below the dam is limeted to how well you can climb down steep banks in a few spots you can get right up next to the dam though!! and the perch right below the dam is good but there real small!!
[signature]
Any catfishing to be had down that way?
[signature]
Depending on how much they are holding at the reservoir, water levels below the dam may be pretty high and dangerous. Flow levels above Alexander are at about 900.
[signature]
It looked low when we saw it Saturday, but I didn't see how the river looked below the Dam. We were thinking of trying catfishing below the Dam. I've read a few posts lately saying they're catching them up the river from the reservoir, but didn't know if anyone had tried it below. Sometimes they'll just sit in pools and eat any ground-up fish that go through the turbines. If I've got to be a mountain goat to get down to the water, I'll find some place else to try.
[signature]
there are some easy access spots below the dam but others you are better of not going down because you will have to be just that to scale it a mountain goat haha!!!
[signature]