Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lake mead 6/13/11
[cool]Went out south of 33 hole and in the tube at 4:45 am. Strated getting tapped on the beetlespin and finally connected with a dink striper at 5:15 am. Finally got two more dinks before moving to next cove. First cast at the reeds and fish on! A nice 1.5lb lmb. Kicked around for awhile till hooked and lost another lmb that was about a pound.Kicked around to another cove and hooked a catfish on the beetlespin! It put up a nice fight for 1.5 lbs. but my line must have had a nick and it snapped while I was fumbling for the camera. Oh well a lost lure. Nice day on the water til the wind came up about nine. Was able to cruise in with the wind and land at noon. Saw some small stripers chasing shad before the sun came up. Only ones or twos but fun to see.
[signature]
Nice report.

You mind if I ask you about the beetle spin?

Your post has inspired me back to lures! lol.

What is a beetlespin exactly? Looks like a jig head with a split worm. I can definitely see how that would catch striper, lmb, and catfish the way it looks.

Could you help me out?

---Casey
[signature]
Berkely Johnson Beetlespin - jighead with a tailed grub and a safety-pin jig spinner.

[Image: JohnsonBeetle.jpg]
[signature]
[cool]Thats the culprit. You can also change the grub to whatever you like; worms,curly tailed grubs, minnow baits,etc.
[signature]
I like the afternoons you like the EARLY mornings, how the hell do we fish so well together, oh that's right you you make me get up at 3:00am!!!

That LMB needs to put it's feedbag on, a little on the skinny side.

We're going to have to change your screenname to "beetslespinE".
[signature]