Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Narrows
Have you checked to see if maple lake is open? For that age of scout this lake would be perfect for a scout camp.
[signature]
We did a couple Slot Canyons over spring break... I couldn't tell by your message if you were suggesting that would somehow be dangerous or irresponsible...
[signature]
Thanks for all the help and advice from everyone. I have heeded many of your advice and we've decided to stay off Strawberry...

I spoke with a friend of mine who works for the Kamas Ranger District that told me Smith and Morehouse is going to be open next week, so we've changed plans and are just going to camp there and canoe on the reservoir. It's a water I'm very familiar with and feel comfortable putting boys on it.

Hopefully the fishing is good! Again, thank you all SO much for your warnings, suggestions, and ideas. I'm definitely saving this thread for future reference (both for my scouts and for my own adventures!)
[signature]
Dangerous or irresponsible, not at all. Just ask the half dozen dead scouts that hiked a slot canyon 10 or so years ago.
[signature]
Let's bubble wrap all scouts and deny every typical scouting activity of the last 50 years, require a one million dollar insurance policy per head, and feed em all soilent green. That's the trick folks.
[signature]
obviously you have never been in a slot canyon. take them through the right one and it is perfectly safe.
[signature]
When i was a scout (40 years ago) we went on a camp trip 1 or 2 times a month. Even in the winter. Someone got hurt almost every time, but always was ready to go on the next outing. Lots of fun and lots of danger. I wouldn't of had it any other way. We bonded very tight those 2 years, helping each other out of hairy and scary predicaments. Almost everyone became Eagles.
[signature]