Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for Scadden frameless boat owners
I used the yellow double pump to inflate my Escape. I had seen an infomercial of Dave pumping up his Renegade using the same pump. Only problem is I had to hold the air nozzle to the boat with one hand while pumping with the other. He had both hands available to pump with.

What am I doing wrong?

Wondering if I will have a similar problem with the NRS blast pump?

Thanks,

FT
[signature]
Although the valves are different , look at the middle of this page:

http://www.northforkoutdoors.com/skykomishassembly.html

The hose adaptor. You need one and you stick it in the large opening on the valve.
[signature]
The Scadden yellow double action pump has a piece of thick plastic tubing about 2 inches long which is the one I use.
I'll take another look at it and see if I can get it to work without having to hold it to the surface of the valve. If not, I'll take a picture of it and post.

Thanks!
[signature]
I have the same pump and valves. It is a tight fit, but you have to try to push it into the opening.
[signature]
I took and sanded the outside corners on the tube and that helps it to fit. But don't sand any further up than the very lip. It also helps if you warm it a bit in your hand and squish it a little to get it flexed up and ready to push in. It is a tight fit, but it needs to be so that it doesn't pop out each time you pump.
[signature]
I stopped in the shop yesterday to pick up one of the new MEMORY FOAM seats and in the show room, he has an ESCAPE but he has taken the seat portion of the aluminum frame boats, put rubber caps on the end and attached a Molded padded plastic seat. Very cool! Raises you up a few more inches.
Daves imagination just keeps going.,
[signature]
Are you talking about the EVA seat he has on his website?

What brand of bonding glue did you use to attach your extra D rings?

Thanks!

FT
[signature]
I just picked up the EVA seat for my Renegade, but the hard plastic seat is the same as on the framed models. Just a little frame under the seat.
[signature]
we also picked up the memory foam seat for the renegade, way comfy!
[signature]
Welcome back young man....I've been dealing with a storm here, how was your trip...new post??!!!!!!!!
[signature]
i did a brief thing on the UT board you should get a laugh out of it
[signature]
On the d-rings: I don't know if this is the same that Flygoddess is using now, but this is what they were using when I asked about it before.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_...rs;#582749
[signature]
Yes, but I got mine from NFO.
[signature]
One thing, be sure of placement on these glue ons. Like be sure your oars clear at all times. Also, the reason there are less rings on the newer boats is that the rings are somewhat rigid and does effect folding the boat up. So be sure on placement.
[signature]