Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new boat another fishing trip
Had a nice fishing trip this morning. Caught some nice gills and crappie. 2lb test and "Trout Magnet" lure with "Crappie Nibbles". Tried some different rod holders, homemade "Fishing Buddy" holder and new "Tube Dude" floating fish basket. I really like the new boat. The rod holders and stuff will "come together" with time on the water. Thanks everyone! Good fishin!
[signature]
Nice rod and Fishin' Buddy mounts. Are your pontoons under inflated or are your frame straps too tight? Most of ours the frame sits more on top of the pontoons. Not quite so pushed in, if that makes sense.
[signature]
Nice mods! I think your toon was a little under inflated. Nice fisha s well![cool]
[signature]
Went fishing again this evening. I guess I am going to have to buy a Cabelas Fishing Buddy holster. My invention is too flimsy. How do you tell if your boat is properly inflated?
[signature]
I go by a general rule that if I can press in about 1 inch it is good to go. There are some air guages out there as well.
[signature]
i am a big believer in the gauge. Just like a car, if one tire is under inflated it effects the over all.
[signature]
If it pops - its too much. If you sink then maybe you need
a little more air..........[Smile]
Just kidding !!!

If it feels hard like a rock then its deffinetly too much.
A gauge maybe a good thing if you are not sure.
Hope this helps.

Peter
[signature]
Too funny, Peter.
[signature]
I say a gauge for everyone. Really to hard (no pun intended) for anyone to tell if they have the same amount of air in two different chambers.
I think it makes a difference.
[signature]
Maybe I should get a gauge as well. Which one do you
use? Got a picture please ?

Thank you

peter
[signature]
I use this one:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Boating/C...t104334480

Easy to use, and a little reset button
[signature]
Cool. thank you.

Peter
[signature]
Thanks everyone for the replies! I just ordered the "fishing buddy holster" from Cableas a couple of days ago. If I had seen this message, I would have ordered the gauge. 39 bucks seems kinda pricey for a tire gauge but you''ll have never steered me wrong. Fly Goddess, I got my indicators today. Thank you!
[signature]
If you need help on how they work, check my blog.
[signature]