Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
big one that didnt get away or did it ?
went up to the berry to see how it was sunday we did well caught fish just about every where we stopped started in renegade caught 5 slot cuts one over 22 and 3 nice bows went to horse creek next killed the bows no idea how many but it was a lot l was hard to leave but we moved in screach of the big cuts we found some to my surprise they was on the strawberry side still this stop was are last and caught 30 or so more cuts the friend i was fishing with hooked in to one nicer fish got it in measured it and it was 25 inches nice fish we always release these bigger fish so we let it go the very next fish he hooks is a BIGGER fish i grabbed the net and landed it held it up to show my boys and it flipped out of my hands on to the bank i grabbed it and put it back into the net and a fly fisherman from down the bank seen me yell at my boys to show them and ran up and ask if he could see what it was eating so i handed him the net while i was getting the tape measure out and my friend was getting out his cramera out for pic the fly fisherman took the net sat the fish in the water and it was to big to pump its stomach but while he was trying it flipped out of the net between his feet and got away this was a 29 plus inch cut we never got a pic or the tape on it to see for sure how long it was we where going to release it any how but we did want a pic and to make sure it wasnt 31.5 for the state record but i guess there is always next time this fish was in the same class that im holding in my profile pic arg. and his biggest to date never made it to the other side of the lake we left shortly after with just a good story
we returned to the berry on wensday fishing was poor at best got a few one that was 24 1/4 but not the big one oh well may next time
[signature]