Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Little Red book
[Image: happy.gif]The guest speaker at our club meeting last week was Kirt Deeter who co-authored the book "The Little Red Book of Fly Fishing. I purchased one that I find quite interesting. His opening sentence is "There is no such thing as the perfect cast. There are only casts that catch fish and casts that do not." Like in golf they say "Drive for show and putt for dough." BTW Kirt is the editor-at-large with Field & Stream.
[signature]
That is cool. Any other words of wisdom, or things you particularly liked in the book or presentation?
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif]Yes indeed. Like reference is made to pro golfers all scoring within a few strokes of each other while their form compared to one and other can be like night and day. In other words you have to be comfortable with the manner in which you perform your casting versus trying to mimic exactly the casting of a professional.
[signature]
so be comfy casting and dont compare yourself to others ?? and hopefully hook into some fish... [cool]
[signature]
In case anyone is interested....

[url "http://www.walmart.com/ip/13029320?sourceid=1500000000000003260340&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=13029320"]Walmart ordering[/url]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
That is good on the casting, because no way is my casting comparable to a pro's! Someday I really do need to actually learn the proper way to cast. I can usually get it there, but I might take two or three people out in the process. It is best if I fish in the wild wide open spaces!

It sounds like a good book. I may have to see if I can pick up a copy. Thanks for bringing it up.
[signature]