Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candlewood 6-17-11
We hit the water at Lattins at 6. No one there but us. Smile Time for topwater, so fished a sammy for awhile getting three smallies to grab it , only to lose them on the jump. A lgmouth finally came to the boat. My buddy was wacky rigging a senco and had more in the boat by this time, so I changed out and started to get fish too. Once the sun came all the way out from the fog and a slight breeze started, on to a white spinnerbait and more smallies came to the boat. Great day with nice weather, over 30 fish AND NO JET SKI'S. The smallies seem to still be on bed as they were beat up some. All smallies also caught in shallow water.
[signature]
Nice to see you made it out. It's not fair you get to fish more than I do. LOL [Wink] I'm working on that part though. Got a catfish tournament tonight, hopefully it will go well.

You know, i've never caught a smallmouth. Not too many of those down here. Infact, none in the local bodies of water that I know of. I've never caught a striped bass either.
[signature]
I hope you get out more than me. It's only my third time out this year. Smallies are freshwaters blue fish. They fight even out of water. They always seem to jump even though your tips under water. I never caught a catfish yet or the other exotic things you boys have down south.
[signature]
Ahhh, bluefish. Nothing like a bluefish to kill your live bait, so you can't catch what you really are trying to catch. [:p]

Well, maybe one day i'll catch a smallmouth, and maybe one day, you'll catch a monster flathead catfish. It's much like bringing up a 50 drum from the depths. Very heavy, very strong fish. No blistering runs, no acrobats, just big weight and low end power. They make for good photography moments too. Nothing says Kodak moment like a 60 pound fish. [cool]

And no, i'm not fishing that much more than you. I've probably been out fishing, like, not screwing around but seriously fishing, 5 or 6 times this year, give or take. I honestly can't remember.

You'll have to plan better next time you come this way to visit family. I think it would be a hoot to get you out in 100' of water with a jigging rod, and watch you as your back slowly turns to mush after a couple reef donkeys. [sly]
[signature]
Watch what you ask for. Looks like I may have to help bring Pop back and forth from Hilton Head from now on.
[signature]
LOL, no worries. [Wink]
[signature]