Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet Vengence - Monster Bass
This is the same bass I talked about losing over and over in the post of 4poundonly's about bassin' at gov wash - This is THE biggest bass I have ever caught, and also the biggest bass that I've ever seen with my own eyes! Sorry if there's a shit load of pics, this is a little celebration for me [Wink]

I went back to try and get him after losing him so many times - The day was looking fruitless like it did before, and I was packing up to leave. I noticed the fish getting active after sundown, so I stayed a while longer. Well I tossed out a jig and no-name purple curly tail grub I've never used before (one I picked up at that bait and tackle shop on lake mead across from Lake Las Vegas for 50 cents). I immediately caught a nice little bass, and kept going. Well about 15 minutes later, I was hopping the jig along over some rocks and my line gets hit hard. My drag was set tight and he was just ripping it off like I hooked into a big carp - I've never fought a bass like I did this one. He took me around a big rock and I swore he was gonna get away again (thank you fluorocarbon), so I kept pulling him my way to keep him in range. Once I got him to shore, I just about shit. I knew he was big, but not at all this big. I wish I would have gotten a pic of this, but his maturity gave his bottom jaw a kind of kipe-look, kind of like a spawning salmon it was really cool, wish I would have got a good shot of it...

My biggest mistake was not bringing a scale. I eyeballed it on my dresser before I left....idiot. I'd really love and appreciate some honest guesses, he felt to me about 7-8 pounds, but I'm not sure - may be more, may be less. I did measure him however, from fork to lip he was 26.5", made me damn proud.

[inline Photo-0368.jpg]

[inline Photo-0365.jpg]

[inline Photo-0364.jpg]

[inline get-attachment.aspx.jpg]

[inline Photo-0362.jpg]

[inline Photo-0363.jpg]

This is the little skip that first indicated to me the fish were getting active, and wanted some grub jig action

[inline 264405_1608111262256_1820455426_1018249_8071249_n.jpg]
[signature]
I forgot to mention! He had big fresh wound above his lip that I'm sure wasn't fish herpes, it had to have been my rattletrap from 2 days earlier!
[signature]
That a toad[cool]
[signature]
NICE FISH!
[signature]
thanks guys, this fish made my year hahaha
[signature]
nice fish bro, many men and women long for a bass that big. it was your day! nice work[fishon]
[signature]
Wow dude. That's a Mead-fish-of-a-lifetime.

I'll give you an honest 7+ lbs. Friggin huge man.
[signature]
where the hell are the fish that size come tournament days [mad]...
[signature]
Nice bass brotha [cool] you got to show me that spot lol
[signature]