Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview ( Report)
Went to Pineview today . fished for muskie but none hooked . Fell in the water so I was drying off and never got in my tube . I went to the (edit)Narrows and nailed about 15 smallies . I used senkos , big spinners , and some new jigs I got from Nomoose . The jigs worked pretty good . Infact my first cast my spinning reel tangled up on my cast and I had to bring my jig in by hand and nailed a 14" smallie on it . That was interesting with out my rod . No carp this time , thank you . LOL
[signature]
Pineview is turning into quite the smallmouth fishery, were there any size to them? Thanks for the report HA69. Fishcrazy and I will be out there tomorrow morning so I hope the muskie catching is a little better. WH2
[signature]
only caught a couple under 12" but my biggest was 15 " . Good luck tomorrow .
[signature]
How close were you to the dam? did you pass the buoy line? You must of had to do quite a bit of rock climbing to get down there[Smile] No wonder you fell in the water!

I tried to make it to pineview but couldn't just had too much to do.
[signature]
Actually I wasn't close to the dam at all . I was on the north side at the narrows area pull off .Lucky for me I slipped in where the water was shallow for being in the narrows . Still soaked most of my pants and with the wind it made it feel chilly .
[signature]
Were there many boats on the water? or has the cooler weather chased them off.
[signature]
Not that many boats on the lake . Still seen water skiers and jet skis but not that many .
[signature]
so what color of craw tubes worked for you was it the camo or the cajun? glad that they are working. I have a few others that are testing them out for me, and they say that they are killing the smallies and ecen some trout with them. one tester went to the goerge and hooked a 10 lb bow and lots of bass he is going to send me the picks.
[signature]
Not sure which one is what but they both worked .I really thought they needed to be lighter in color , but the water is off color right now . I was upset with myself for not getting a pic of the 14" that I hand reeled in . I guess I was in to big of a hurry because my other rod with a senko was pulling out to sea . LOL It's hard to fish 2 poles at the same time . But I try . LOL I really want to try these at the berry .I'll get to it once I've hooked that 73" muskie in Pineview . I'll send ya pics when I do . LOL I'm now looking for a cheap 20 pole with the tip broke off of it now . LOL
[signature]
what I got to do to be a tester?[Sad] I'm at pineview all the time. Plus I'm going up to blue lake again soon would love to try some of your stuff on the largies up there.
[signature]
Im a largemouth fisherman from tennessee by trade, so a senko's new to me, how do you fish them? texas rig, carolina rig or on a jig? Im heading to the south fork this weekend and I might stop by pineview to try my hand on some bronze backs. I caught a few 12 inchers out there last year and had about a 5 pound carp make me think he was a big smallmouth till i got him close. Talk about a rush, seeing a big brown thing flashing around. Anyway some help on rigging those senkos would be a big help. good fishing, Matt
[signature]
hey hells,

were you fishing right on the dam or east of it? i was just curious cuz i thought the dam was closed to fishing inside the buoys. but if it isnt i want to go there immediately.
[signature]
hi mattscru heres a link that has some info on fishing senko

[url "http://www.bassresource.com/lures/senko.html"]http://www.bassresource.com/lures/senko.html[/url]

chris
[signature]
Hello Matt,

I rig mine texas style. Hell's likes to experiment and he wacky rigs alot but not sure if he's still doing it. I'm surprised you haven't used them before, they work great for Largmouth bass.

As far as colors I go for the dark one's, would like to try white though.
[signature]
[#ff0000]So where does one find these Senkos? They seem to be a favorite in the neighborhood so I have looked for them on the shelves but haven't found any at my usual supply stops. Lotz of other brands but no Senkos. [/#ff0000]
[signature]
If you don't mind telling where were you caughting the smallies?

Trent
[signature]
i was just curious hells cuz if it was open i didnt know about it and would go there next. [Smile]
[signature]
hey mike i picked some up at galyans in downtown salt lake a little far for you to travel i think is there a sportmans warehouse anywhere in your area they carry them...christian anywhere in the narrows you can climb down and has rocks you will find the smallies
[signature]
Thanks for all the info on senkos, Im gonna put some in my arsenal for sure. Just hope work lets me get on the water this weekend. good fishing, matt
[signature]
I've caught smallies all over the lake . But up by the Narrows is good from shore . Just look for larger rocks and cast into them . Sometimes they move or quit biting so try other areas with rocks . Some are right on shore hiding in the rocks . Don't fall in !! LOL
[signature]