Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Pole Carrier
I'm going to be doing some air travel and I'd like to bring my two favorite poles with me. When they're broken down, the maximum length is 36". Some airlines allow these as carry-ons but I believe they still have to be inside some kind of case.

Have any of you bought anything locally so you could take your pole(s) with you? The ones at BPS are very high priced. Even their 30" cases are 50-60 bucks. I'm looking for something within reason, and at least 36".

I could probably make one out of pvc but I'll wait and see before I do that.

My other options are to buy a pole at my destination and just leave it there with my cousin when I leave. Or buy one here in town that does fit in my luggage. (Max 27"). Or look for one of those 'telescoping' ones that would fit easily. I don't know why, but I have my doubts about the telescope jobs. Maybe I'm wrong.

So if you have bought a pole carrier locally at a fair price ($20 - $30) please let me know. Other ideas welcome too.

Thanks.......

Dennyboy
[signature]
i made mine out of 4" pvc pipe and 2 caps one which is sealed in place the other is attached by 2 holes drilled in each side of the pipe through the cap with some zip ties holding the cap on. costed me about 10 bux.
[signature]