Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Checking in
[font "Courier New"][#000080][size 3]For anybody who remembers me, I'm still alive and kickin'.
I haven't been fishing this year yet... got distracted with another club (medieval reenactment) and volunteering at the cat shelter 4 times a week... despite it being just down the road from the Bountiful pond, I never get to go - all the other volunteers are teenagers in school, so I have to be the one to drive them back and forth...and none of them really like fishing (or want to spend the extra time in the evening). Then I pass Kaysville ponds on the way home and think maybe I could go myself on a day off (but then I always get extra chores and errands creeping up!)

Anyhoo... I'll get out there eventually...I hope! Maybe if one'a you guys wants to help at the cat shelter, then we can go fishin' after!
[/size][/#000080][/font]
[signature]
Great to see you on the boards again. Hope to see some awesome vivid-dawn fishing reports in the near future.
[signature]
Im glad you posted,, me and my wife have been worried about you,,, we've. Never met but we know all about your difficult life, it sounds like your doing good,, I hope you can find someone up north to hook up with you and go fishing for a couple hours with you..
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey brat. Good to see ya posting again.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Don'tcha know that cats...the furry kind...are NEVER an acceptable substitute for catfish?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope you are doing well.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Good to hear from ya hopefully you can get some fishing done soon!
[signature]
Nice to hear from you. I have thought of you now and then when I log on as well.

Very glad you found such a great way to spend yoyr time and get involved. Stuff like that helps you heal...

When is your next day off? My wife and two oldest go to Girl's Camp starting tuesday, and I intend to take my two youngest (my 5 y/o has cerebral palsy) out somewhere every day, since I can't work side jobs...

We could drag the canoe up to Mantua.........
[signature]
Thanks for posting. Been wondering how you have been doing and hoping life was treating you well..
[signature]
[font "Courier New"][#000080][size 3]Oiy! Thanks for moving this post. Apparently I've been gone so long, I forgot how to use the forums "properly"! LOL

Springbuck - I can go Wednesday, but need to be home by 5. Thursday all day. Friday after 1.
I would like to stay within an hour drive (60-75 miles) of Layton, as I'm getting low on gas and didn't plan to fill up until at least the 5th (get paid the 3rd, but gotta make sure it clears the bank...SSI has a habit of not always processing right!)
Mantua would be nice! I'm going up that way for a camping trip on the 24th weekend, but doubtful get any fishing done (it's for my medieval club...I'll be running around in a dress all day!)

I'm wondering if I should get all my spools re-lined (or whatever it's called). They've been sitting around, unused for a year or so...would the line get bad and have a more likely chance of snapping? It doesn't cost too much...about $3 or so, at Sportsman's Warehouse, and I'd only do 2 or 3 of my poles to start with. Or will it be okay to use "old" line? It hasn't been out in the sun, but was in my trunk half the winter and in freezing temperatures.

All this fishing talk has got me craving it, so I just spent $8 on a bunch of Tilapia fillets. Hopefully, though, I can soon get a catfish (or even a walleye!) and get more practice with doing my own fillets!

[/size][/#000080][/font]
[signature]
Year-old line isn't old. I leave it on for years, as long as it's decent quality... Chemicals might hurt it, but normal environmental heat and cold probably wouldn't...

I'd be driving, since the canoe would be on my roof... Since I'll be going anyway, don't sweat gas.

I'm not sure this will work, yet but I think so.......Once I weed-eater the lawn, I'll have little to do but take care of kids, and I'd rather do that outdoors.

Mantua should be pretty hot right now, I think....
[signature]
Well Ms. Vivid-Dawn, how have you been. At least you can say you whipped my butt fishing the day I took you out and you caught two of them Tiger Muskies and me 0. Your Avatar pic looks good. Glad I was there to get you into some big fish. I have not fished much up there but if I get up that way I will look for you online here and send you a PM. Take care.....
[signature]
Good to see you back. My original invite from so many moons ago is still valid if you want to meet up. I know mamatrout wouldn't mind hanging around with you either.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Courier New"][#0000BF][size 3]Nifty! Most of my free time is on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

I had made a goal this summer to go fishing at least once a week. HA! I actually got all packed up and ready to go for a Monday evening trip. But then decided it was too hot... too hot to stand (sit) around and do nothing, and too hot that the fish might not even be biting anyway.
At least I've been camping twice, and another trip planned in a couple weeks... this is another favorite hobby, so I'm not too "jonesing" to get out in nature.

[/size][/#0000BF][/font]
[signature]
Good ta see your still kicking kid. Is that my fish your holding? Ha! One of these day I need to make an effort to remove that species from my bucket list..
[signature]