Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
13 Pound Striper
I went out on a solo mission to willow last week after work and was rewarded for my effort with this 13 pound beauty. This fish fought like a 20 pounder and was a real treat. She just had one hook in her lip and was a challenge to land. As usual, I let this one go so that someone else may enjoy her. [Wink]

[inline "13lb Striper 2 Sized.jpg"]

[inline "13lb Striper Sized.jpg"]
[signature]
nice fish bro good to see a few ppl still gettin out in the heat i'm heading out next sat would have been this sat but gotta pay rent lol got 2 more weeks till i get some fishing in [fishon]
[signature]
Great job-like your conventional reel.

Hoping to get out Friday night if I can rig up the lights for the kayak. I bought a stern light and black light. Might try Hemingway by the tires. But would like to try Willow sometime soon.
[signature]
[cool]Way to go. Good to see that they are coming back up river.
[signature]
its huge dude!! really healthy too! I need to get out there and actively go after some stripers real bad, this got me jonesin'
[signature]
Thanks guys. Yeah, that reel is an abu "record" It supposedly blew away the shimano calcutta among others and set the world record for casting distance. The record 60 like I have, has a high capacity spool for lotso flouro and a sick powerhandle for crankin in 70lbs of striper[cool]
[signature]
Looks good
[signature]
Vegaskid What Rod are you using with the Record reel? Line pound test?
[fishin]
Big B
[signature]
Its a 8' offshore angler extreme jig stick from BPS. Its a heavy action rod with a sliding reel seat. Its an awesome rod which is discontinued. [frown]

Im running 25lb flouroclear.
[signature]