Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kokanee Kill In Colorado Reservoir
[font "Arial"][size 2]RALEIGH, NC—Colorado's kokanee stocking program suffered a major blow recently when officials found thousands of dead fish at Vallecito Reservoir, which is used as a kokanee source for stocking 25 lakes and reservoirs statewide.

Biologists believe the kill resulted from low oxygen levels caused by high water temperatures, ongoing drought conditions and large amounts of organic debris washed into the reservoir after last year's wildfires.

Interestingly, Vallecito's rainbows, browns and northern pike were not affected, probably because these species inhabit shallower, more oxygenated portions of the lake. [/size][/font]
[signature]
hey byrum, are you still there?

how bad is it out your way?

I hope this finds you and your family doing well.

hope to hear from you soon.
[signature]
[font "Arial"][size 2]We just got the power back on after 5 days of being without it. There where light poles down for 30 miles around my house. We had a lot of trees down but no property damage here. Others did not fair so good. I saw trees on houses and on cars. We had stronger wind here then I have ever seen. I would said we had gusts up to 90 mph and I live 80 miles from the beach. The Chowan river is 15 miles from me and 25 homes where totally destroyed and that is just what I have seen. Now as for the beach from what little I have heard it was totally devastated. I heard we have 4 or 5 new inlets to the ocean. The D.O.T. said they where going to try to fill them in. Around 75 percent of ocean front homes are gone. I will try to find some photos from the beach. Hopefully in time they will have the beach so we will be able to fish again. But it will never be the same again.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I was begining to wonder.

I saw on the news how bad things were looking down your way, I didnt know how close you were to the devistation.

I figured your power was out at best but was dreading the worst. I am glad you are ok. this will be one to tell the grand kids when they grow up.

pictures would be welcome to give a better insite. the news here in michigan gave only limited coverage.
[signature]