Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I caught a small bass on a Sabaki rig!
I was catching live smelt off my secret spot in LB and I hooked like 3 or 4 good size smelt and as I was really them in a small bass decided to take advantage![shocked]

He bite the 3rd fish down which hooked him in the mouth and body by empty hook, like 5th one down.

Pretty wild thing to see. I released him of course and no sooner than I did I see him swimming back up through the schools! LUNCHTIME[Wink]
[signature]
thats pretty cool, Ive caught makerel before on sabiki rigs but never a bass.
[signature]
[size 2]I caught 3 small perch on one of those. I was targeting smelt or anchovies too. Pretty funny[sly][/size]
[signature]
are you guys talkoing about 4 little ribbon flies one above the other ? we uesd to tie on a squid jig on the bottom and pull over 4or 5 squid at a time at catlina island when they would "float"

chris
[signature]
[size 2]Actually the is like 5 or 6 really small hooks designed to catch anchovies or smelt. The line ties to the top then at the very bottom is a small weight.[/size]

[size 2] Works good off bridges and piers to catch live bait. Unfortunatley sometimes smaller species not bait fish try for these little hooks and manage to get hooked![/size]

[size 2] Luckily you are usually able to release them.[/size]
[signature]
probley what we were using scaled up a size

chris
[signature]
Just in case you were wondering, you can buy those rigs premade at Wallys World and other tackle shops as well. They are inexpensive and save you alot of time of tying them up while you are out on the water of your favorite fishing spot.[cool]
[signature]
Thanks Fish
[signature]