Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my homemade fly
just imagine it,I used the rubberhead from a saltwater sabiki rig,it even has a black dot for eye.and is clear.I use this,shove some glue in there and inserted yellow and pink from the original sabiki,and from a saltwater jig head....fept the 2 collors apart,not mixed together,about 3 "s total lenght ,used a long chrome shank saltwater hook, sm.gap,I'll get back on size ,I pinched the barb back a little also,plus I ended up tighing some 6 lb braided line to the rubber part and then passing it through the eye a few times to keep it from sliding down.I am using 20lb fireline in yellow."floats"Also I use a 1/32ounce bullet weight with this fly.
[signature]
do you have a picture of it??
[signature]
I was waiting for a cam,plus I lost it today,line bust cause a knot.I jumped in snorkeling could'nt find it,I nearly got one lukinani he rushed it near bank ,I was going to recast but he nearly got it anyway,Also I counted 13 lukinana in a school,all looked 2,1/2 pounds.there were also parents with fry,and 2 big ones looking to bed down,big one looked 5lb,going for him later today with live bait.I'm going to make the exact same fly,I have 2 that come with the sabiki rig,rubber head and pink skirt.I tied them together one behind the other 1"apart,have'nt caught anything with that yet,I think I need more yellow skirt material,going to wallmart to look for some cheap yellow jigs,for now if your lucky, you can see it at night when you close your eyes[Image: sleeping.gif][laugh].the early bird gets the worm,that way he does'nt have to stop for bait..
[signature]