Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake (report)
Fished Bear Lake Saturday from 4 pm until dark and again Sunday from dawn until noon and didn't get a bite. Actually... maybe one bite.

I was not impressed with the number of fish I found along Cisco Beach or along the Scout Camp area on the east side so we didn't spend much time there. I was able to find several spots with a lot of fish on the west side. Didn't see many suspended. Most were on the bottom or just off the bottom in anywhere from 50 to 70 feet. I think we jigged and trolled everything we had in the tackle box using a variety of techniques. Couldn't buy a bite.

I don't know why they're so close mouthed right now, but they sure aren't very hungry. It's pretty discouraging when you can hardly make out your jig for all the fish on your fish finder and they will not bite. But I've been there and done that before at Bear Lake.

I've got a vested interest in Bear Lake. Both sides of my family come from the Bear Lake Valley. My Father's from the Idaho side and my Mother's from the Utah side. I've got property there and a place to stay and do things other then fishin'. So no matter how tight lipped the fish get at the Bear, "I'll be back" to take them on again.
[signature]
[#ff0000]Nice report. I've never fished Bear Lake because most of the folks I go with don't like to work that hard to pick up a few sporadic, occasional, cuts or macs that Bear lake seems to be infamous for. Me? I've had a good day just getting a line wet. [/#ff0000]
[signature]