Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to test the ice
[size 2]Have that guy who always wants to go fishing but never pays for gas, drinks, bait, etc take a 20 lbs weight out as far as he can.[Wink][/size]

[size 2]Once you hear the ice cracking mark that spot and fish about 15' from where your friend fell through.[shocked][/size]

[size 2]If you make the hole quick enough you might be able to pull him out too[Wink][/size]

[size 2]If not make sure to blame the guy who never wants to drive[blush][/size]
[signature]
The cheap guy and the never driving guy are always the same guy!!!
[signature]
[size 4][cool][/size]
[signature]
[cool] Sounds like one of the buddies that I used to have.
[signature]
i had that same so-n-so with me last weekend ! took him over to the west side of the state , used my camper , my gass , ate my food , and had me buy some ice for his fish .

up to there everything was fine , once at the local store thou , he started piling up the counter with chips and pop and all kinds of lures and bait , so i just walked out and let him deal with the clerk . it got the message sent .
[signature]
that's one way to teach em. ha ha
[signature]
Yeah baby![Wink] That's how you do it! I did that with one of my cheap friends at a restaurant. he never paid for anything unless it was for him.

So 4 of us went to lunch and 3 of us got up at different times to go to bathroom or smoke or whatever. He was still eating.

So now we are all outside except him and he looks over his shoulder and see's us outside laughing. He tries to get up to get us and the waitress hands him the bill. He starts pointing at us and we run!![shocked]

Now the waitress and manager are standing in front of him demanding the money.[blush]

So he pays the bill ( $60 w tip ) and runs out chasing us around the parking lot!![mad]

It was the funniest time I can think of with him.[cool]
[signature]
aaarrrggghhh ! the guy didn't get it after all ! he asked if i was going baack this weekend aand i said yes , he said good , he'll tag along , but i'de have to " float him " !

no can do , i said , your more then welcome to come along , but , you will have to bring your own supplyes . moneys tight everywhere and i have a family .

i wasen't being rude , just told him like it was .

fishing is an expensive lifestyle , friendships aren't .
[signature]
[cool] You got that right there pardner. fishing, just like any other hobby requires investment of time and money. Money can't buy everything, but some money is necessary to enjoy some of the finer things in life ie: fishing, eating, fishing, hunting, fishing, camping and even if you want to go fishing it will cost. ha ha ha ha ha. you understand there buddy.
[signature]
that would have been halarious to see !

i don't mind springing for someone that's not as well off , but this guy makes the same as i do and he and his wife have no kids at home .

a helping hand when needed , no problem , but your sugar daddy ?

not this cowboy !
[signature]
hey ya got to remember fishing too !

i gotta mold some sinkers and tie some flys this evening for the weekend .

deer camp is fun , but i think i'm gonna have to start a salmon and steelhead camp !

sponge bob can sit at home and watch the cartoons ! lol !
[signature]
LOL. For some reason I can hear lonehunter shouting, "Who's your daddy?!?!"

It's crazy what people do to others. Right now I've got nothing to worry about. My fishing buddy supplies the pop and gas, I supply the worms and lake maps.

When we take a third (a kid), his dad offers us all kinds of things, including money. I usually accept a couple bottles of water, but nothing more.
[signature]
it's just his nature i guess , he did pitch in on the gas ( 1/2 ) , the food bill was a little steep .

little steps , one at a time ! lol !
[signature]
[size 2]When I take someone fishing with me on my boat or I drive I expect them to kick in something.[/size]

[size 2] If they do not have money that time I am cool [Wink]but next time they better[mad][/size]

[size 2]Alot of us just meet somewhere when we fish. That way everyone takes care of there own buisness.[/size]

[size 2] But like I said there is always that friend that wants to skate. That's the one to take Ice Fishing[Smile][/size]

[size 2]" Ok Bob now to Ice Fish correctly you need to stand right over the area you want to auger"[/size]

[size 2][/size]
[signature]
if it gets bad he'll be using a ten pound sledge to chip out the hole ! lol !
[signature]
I prefer the magnifying glass method my self[sly]
[signature]
Things should be icing up here in the next couple months. Maybe you can ask your friend to test the temperature of the water and then push him in!
[signature]
but serioulsy all jokes a side, I cary a spud with me for first ice, I lift it up and drop it on to the ice about every step and if it fall all the way though I turn around and go back the way I came being carefull not to wonder form my path.

about every 5-10 feet I will use my hand auger to drill a clean hole and if the ice is not three inches I will not walk on it.
[signature]
call me a sissy but i wait for at least six inches , that ice has fooled me one too many times ! bbbrrrrrr ! lol !
[signature]
[size 2]Only ice I ever walked on was a skating rink![crazy][/size]
[signature]