Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
goood place mead???
heading out tonight for some fishing!!! i was wondering where would be a good place to fish the night for cats and maybe a striper? i was thinking boulder harbor or maybe hemminway fishing pier. what d you all think?
[signature]
Hemingwar Pier is mostly closed to fishing in most areas. If its marked with a buoy, you can't fish there. So I guess that leaves Boulder Harbor. I haven't fish there but others have seem to find some success. The stripers came in close to shore at night so you may catch something.

Good luck and tight lines
[signature]
I would go to Government Wash or Stewarts point to shore fish.
[signature]
i'm reckoning he is talking about the actual fishing pier by hemmingway harbor not the boat docks. and if so its about as good of choice as any other spot. government is crowded, hemmingway can be crowded, crawdad or boxcar is a good choice, less traffic due to a very bumpy 4-5 mile trek to water. then there is 33 hole but i dont know if your car will get towed or not, seeing that the parking lot is for day use only. your best bet would be to find a spot where its not posted "no camping" get comfy with a 12 pack of brews and a bell on your rod and relax and see what happens[Wink] and always remember you are out there to "FISH"not "CATCH" so don't get disappointed if u end up with a big fat skunk. just enjoy your time in the great outdoors.[fishon]
[signature]
I also say govt wash - check out a satellite map on google before going if you go at night, I got lost as hell one night trying to find the water and ended up camping till morning, woke up and it was right around the corner haha
[signature]