Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Intro
Hello all,

I currently got into fishing this summer, and I'm interested in fishing for trout and bass. However, I know very little when it comes to fishing; and was wondering if there's any sources that I can research on? (books,dvds, etc..). I tried researching things online, but these sources seemed too vague.

I'm going to be using an abu garcia 300i and an ugly stick combo as my starting rods with a carolina rig set up in nearby lakes. Any suggestions and information on anything would be greatly appreciated! thank you Smile
[signature]
If you go to any of the boards here,i'm sure you'll find alot of new ideas. If you have a specific question, ask away. Bass Master is a good magazine to get to learn about bass fishing and even this old timer picks up a tip from it now and then. Welcome to BFT.
[signature]
Thanks, I'll look into that. What type of bait/lures would you recommend for bass fishing? I was looking into senko worms.. are those any good?
[signature]
Sencos should be in everyones box. Watermelon and black /blue flake are a staple. A white spinnerbait for sunny days and a black one for over cast days as well. Every type of bass fishing has it's own bait. Start out mastering a few and get good at it, then try something new. Learn how to fish weightless,texas rigged and crankin. Then move on to caralina,jigging,flipping and drop shotting. Have fun. [Smile]
[signature]
some type of soft plastic worm for sure
bait shops around here keep senko's on the shelf as a staple, so there must be something to them.

I havent used them, havent found my self in the need for adding them to my box, I wouldnt hesitate tho...
I'm the same with you. It's the right site for someone like us.
[signature]