Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brownlee hore fishing= GARBAGE RIGHT NOW!
I have been up to brownlee 4 times over the last month. In the area of steck park to whiskey rapids. and the fishing is JUNK. Everyone I have talked to that is around hasnt had any luck either. I think that people that are in boats are doing okay from what I have heard and seen. We have tryed all different kinds of baits. You name it it has been on our hook. I have heard of people telling me they have been doig good around steck but I am about to throw in the towel all together on that area. Just thought I would share so that people dont get high hopes when they head up there! Of course its always nice to get the line in the water, but catching is the most fun!!!
[signature]
If the water is getting close to 70 degrees or more they might be in spawn mode. That could have them shut down for a little bit. Ron
[signature]
I was over on the snake by farwell bend fishing on 7/3. we tried a couple of holes that normaly produce for us through out the day. We didnt have any bites so we moved around and tried some new areas. Found one spot that was deep and we had to ad some more weight to get the weight to stick but ended up with 5 cats, 2 of which were pretty good ones. 13.4 and 14.1 pounds. we were using fresh crappie filets. fishing from shore. All fish were caught between 5pm and 9:30pm. we stayed until 11:00 but only had a few other nibles.
[signature]
Hmmm. I'm assuming you mean shore fishing, I don't imagine you meant whore fishing. [:p]

Seriously, that's a bummer it's been slow there. I've been wanting to get up to brownlee for some cats pretty bad lately, looks like I may need to wait a little longer. Hopefully it'll pick up soon
[signature]
Me and my buddy went up to steck yesterday and caught about ten cats and two nice smallies. It was hot and heavy for the first hour that we got there (caught 5) then it kinda slowed down and caught one about every hour. Here is a couple pics of cats. Biggest one we caught was the second picture of my buddies. It was 5lbs 5oz. Nothin huge but was still a fun day!
[signature]
nice fish honker
[signature]
Thank you! it was a fun trip. plannin another one up there right now!
[signature]
what did you catch em on? Need a little help in that area>
[signature]
caught them on cut bait bluegill. and also bowkers stink bait.
[signature]
Bowkers on a little piece of sponge, on a #4 hook, is good stuff..
[signature]
Any one been to Steck Park recently? We're taking off tomorrow (Monday, 8 Aug) and was wondering if we should bother with catfish gear.

Thanks!
[signature]
There was a post on 8/2/2011 called Spider Beach Catfish smack down . They did well on Catfish and I think Steck Park is in that general area . Curt G.
[signature]
As of last weekend the catfishing was FANTASTIC. You can see my report here about spider beach.
The one thing I do know for a fact is the water elevation was 2065 when I was there by my GPS. That is 12 feet below full pool. It is now 2059. That is 18 feet below full pool. I saw steck and there was mud out to the island with the power polls. I am thinking if your going to fish from the RR bridge you might not hit water with a long cast, I don't know for a fact.
You could go down river on the old road and you might find a spot to throw in a rod.
It is a very good time to fish for cats as long as you find a spot to hit water.
Ron
[signature]
Curt and Ron,

Thanks a bunch! Sounds like the last time we were there in late June early July only falling water instead of rising.

We'll give it a shot and post when we get back. Meanwhile, here's a some pictures from that earlier trip that I just got around to downloading from the camera.

BTW, anybody care to share where Spider Beach is? I know a lot of spots downstream from Steck on the Idaho side but never heard of Spider Beach.
[signature]
The water is falling right now. Those are some nice cats you got. Ron
[signature]
big ones sarge
[signature]
Spider Beach isn't a real name. It is just what Ron titled his post about catfishing at Brownlee.
[signature]
My son calls it that because of the number of spiders there. I heard him scream like a girl. Ron
[signature]
lol Gottcha!
My wife did the same thing ... but she IS a girl. [Smile]

We fished right by the power line pylon at Steck Monday evening, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings and evenings and caught one cat each outing.We also caught some nice smallies but none over 14 inches.

The one night we fished late, we stayed until 1am and did a bit better but still nothing to boast about. THe weather was hot and the fishing was slow.
[signature]