Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best spinning reel under $100
I've been slaying the bass in my local lake with my $10 Dick's spinning combo, but looking to upgrade my rig. Looking for some input on a good quality reel for under $100. Been hearing good things about Shimano, and Daiwa, your thoughts?
[signature]
shamnio and diawa have great reels too. but i have been loving my quantum optic 30 for bass to salmon. instant anti reverse i only paid 18.75 for it at meijers here in michigan. the reel retails for 35 i think. check threw some the clearence sections in the sporting goods sections at walmarts / k marts / meijers. that if there around you. see if you can find a good smoth reel. with anti reverse and a heck of a lot of ball bearing that makes it smooth. and the correct line size rating like 50yards of 8 pound test would be wrong for salmon but mite be o.k. for bass. i just can't see spending 100 on a real when clearence iteams are so abunant. it's a high quality reel at a lower then avrage price.
[signature]
snag your self an ugly styck or a rino rod. and a SHIMANO SYMETRE, you will be pleased with this combo, depending on where you shop you can put this together +or- a franklin...

I have both an earlier version of the rino and shimano rear drag reels with the battle drag lever.

I have had mine for over 20 years. I have brought in trophy pike thought the ice, and all the bass you want to shake an ugly styck at. I have the rino rod with the glow tip for cat fishing at night......

my opinion, my style of fishing... I like my drag on the back side of the reel.
x2 on the rhino rod with glow tip otr a ulgy stick. this is for blue gill crappie and steel head cause bass hit so different. i like stiff rods cause crappie like to bite and spit the hook so easily on those soft action rhino/ ulgy sticks so i steped up to im8 for the crappie and steel head rods so you can feel the fish breath on the line. when dealing with these fish it's worth the extra buck to get a fast action stiff blank over that of fiber glass. just my .02 cents. any ways wish you luck on it a new rod reel is harder to buy then any thing.
[signature]